Any Landscape Architect recommendations out there?

usctrojancpa

So I want to redo my front and backyard and it's going to be a fairly large project so the landscape contractors that I spoke with advised me to hire a landscape architect to do my plans and design.  Can anyone recommend a landscape architect/designer?  Thanks in advance.

His design was well thought out given the size. After an initial meet and another visit for measurements, he came back with a couple of designs which were 3d rendered, at which time he allowed us to tweak his recommendations. Once we finalized, he created to copies of the plan, one for us and one to submit to the HOA.

What they don't do is find a contractor for you or submit the plans for you.

samuroo said:
We used Fred fromhttp://www.scancelli.com/index.html.
He was pretty upstanding and easy to work with. He's done a lot of work throughout Irvine. He charged $600 (which might be his minimum) for our small backyard.

$600 is really good, several others charges around $2-3k just for the typical Irvine's small yard design. 

Stuido H is another one that often recommend here on TI.

Studio H Landscape Architecture, http://studioh-inc.com/(949)829-3746

Yeah, was about to post that the lower priced that we've been quoted just for design (landscapers designer, not architect firm) is around $1-1.5k

I tried contacting ams just for kicks, never even returned my inquiry, they must've known that we couldn't afford them, lol

I used Studio H and was very happy with my results (not the contractor we used though). As far as I know, that contractor is no longer working.

I'm glad you're going the landscape architect route. It's well worth the additional costs. It's rather obvious in my community the few homes who chose an architect, and the vast majority who did not.

Thanks for the recommendations gang.  I'll reach out to Scancelli and Studio H. 

I know what I'd like to do with the front and backyard but need someone with a good eye and I'm open to ideas.  Front will mainly consist of a paver driveway, removing some palm trees and hedges, install a small bit of turf, redo the landing, and put in some lighting.  The backyard will be pavers and some grass, add a jacuzzi to the pool, convert to the pool to salt water, install BBQ island, gas fire pit, folding stackable doors from master to yard, tree and bush removal, and lighting.

I can also vouch for Fred at Scancelli.com. His designs reflected exactly what we were looking for and he was the most reasonably priced landscape architect in the area (I researched many).

We had 4 meetings with Fred. The first meeting allowed for him to sit with me and my wife to get a sense for our concepts. The second meeting, he presented 3 designs (which we provided feedback). We spent the 3rd meeting finalizing the details. The fourth meeting was spent at a nursery, going over the plant selection.

He drew up all of the plans on several 2' x 3' sheets of paper; all very professionally done. I had to make black and white copies for association submission. I will also note that it allowed for my installation crew (hardscape/landscaper) to easily follow. The finished work was nearly identical to the 3D rendering.

Happy to share photos if you'd like. Just PM me.

Irvine Inhabitant said:
I can also vouch for Fred at Scancelli.com. His designs reflected exactly what we were looking for and he was the most reasonably priced landscape architect in the area (I researched many).

We had 4 meetings with Fred. The first meeting allowed for him to sit with me and my wife to get a sense for our concepts. The second meeting, he presented 3 designs (which we provided feedback). We spent the 3rd meeting finalizing the details. The fourth meeting was spent at a nursery, going over the plant selection.

He drew up all of the plans on several 2' x 3' sheets of paper; all very professionally done. I had to make black and white copies for association submission. I will also note that it allowed for my installation crew (hardscape/landscaper) to easily follow. The finished work was nearly identical to the 3D rendering.

Happy to share photos if you'd like. Just PM me.

Sent you a PM.

Back