Antenna in attic

lovingit

I have 3 TVs, all same brand, different models.  They are connected to the antenna I have in the attic.  I have a preamplifier and I am scanning 72 channels on all 3 TVs.  I cannot get channels 9,11,13.  Only get channel 2,4,5,7 (on 2 of the TVs)

Why is it that one of the TVs cannot get channel 7 (ABC) but the others can?  All 3 TVs are connected to the same antenna.

Switch out the TV that doesn't get Ch7 for the one that does.  If you still don't get Ch7 after you switch then it's a signal strength issue.  If you do get Ch7 after you switch then it's something with the tuner or frequency on that one set but it should be fixable.

I know this may sound wonky...but we had an issue where if we turned on our recessed LED lights, we lost channels 7 and 9.  Are you using any LED lights near the TV or antenna?  Try turning them off and see if you get any channels.

What kind of antenna do you have in the attic.  I keep looking to do this but not sure how good the reception is. 
Have you looked into KODI as opposed to the antenna route?

lovingit said:
I have 3 TVs, all same brand, different models.  They are connected to the antenna I have in the attic.  I have a preamplifier and I am scanning 72 channels on all 3 TVs.  I cannot get channels 9,11,13.  Only get channel 2,4,5,7 (on 2 of the TVs)

Why is it that one of the TVs cannot get channel 7 (ABC) but the others can?  All 3 TVs are connected to the same antenna.

Time to give up the antennas!

lovinLife said:
I know this may sound wonky...but we had an issue where if we turned on our recessed LED lights, we lost channels 7 and 9.  Are you using any LED lights near the TV or antenna?  Try turning them off and see if you get any channels.

No LEDs

aquabliss said:
Switch out the TV that doesn't get Ch7 for the one that does.  If you still don't get Ch7 after you switch then it's a signal strength issue.  If you do get Ch7 after you switch then it's something with the tuner or frequency on that one set but it should be fixable.

Too heavy for me to lift, but it's an older tv in the loft that doesn't get channel 7.  Probably signal strength but loft is upstairs.  Even the TV downstairs gets channel 7.

Kodi has been great for me

It does live sports REALLY well as well as some major TV series live.  I haven't used it much to watch news...check it out, I cancelled cable after

Back