Amethyst (PP) vs Tristania/Lantana (CVE)

qiushuiqs1

We aim at 3 rooms condo and are on the waiting list for those new homes. Spending a lot of time seeing the model house and investigate the surroundings. still struggle with making a determination.
CVE communities has attractive tax rate lower than 1.4% but it appears to has compact bedrooms or family room. PP community seems to be more spacious but with expensive HOA and MR. (5400 for Amethyst floorplan1)
e.x.
Lantana floorplan3 sqft price: 660000/1440 = 456 
Tristania floorplan2 sqft price: 720000/1650 = 436
Amethyst floorplan1 sqrf price: 710000/1800 = 394

Any thoughts?

Needless to say, you already know the financial differences between the properties so I won't add anymore. 

Main question is... what's your family situation like?  How many adults? How many kids?  Growing family?  I'm sure you know 1800 sq ft feels a lot different than 1440 sq ft.  I've had friends recent that bought in Portola Springs a 1400-1500 sq home and started complaining about the size and are looking to upgrade already.  I haven't seen the homes in person so I can't comment on the build itself but go with your gut.  If you are doing this as an investment, I'd probably stay away from PP as the MR is higher.  If primary and will be living long term and you aren't stretching too far, then go with your heart.

I feel it not only depends on per sq ft price.
It depends on how much do you pay end of the month. calculate how much you are paying in terms of tax/mellos/hoa.
I personally love plan Lantana plan 3, tristania plan 3.

Where are you getting these price?
qiushuiqs1 said:
We aim at 3 rooms condo and are on the waiting list for those new homes. Spending a lot of time seeing the model house and investigate the surroundings. still struggle with making a determination.
CVE communities has attractive tax rate lower than 1.4% but it appears to has compact bedrooms or family room. PP community seems to be more spacious but with expensive HOA and MR. (5400 for Amethyst floorplan1)
e.x.

Any thoughts?

About one to two weeks ago. That must be the price of left homes. The lots with premier location and view should be sold at the release day

5400 HOA for parasol park is a shit ton and don't forget its compounded 2% annually...

I think you should put more thoughts on the question on family size etc. if you're doing plan 1 Amethyst, any reason why you're not looking at plan 1xc with the suite/bedroom and 2ndary entrance?

How long will you be at this home? what type of usage scenario? there's decent amenities and events in GPN neighborhoods, although you'll be near walking distance to the eventual retail/basecamp regardless of the home you pick from those 3...

I personally like Amethyst's floor plan better than the other two (even though that downstairs bedroom hallway area is a tight squeeze and feels claustrophobic (and the upstairs landing from the stairs + hallway feels like wasted space), but again its more pricey too on the MR side. Another positive, some of the lots are nice, as long as you stay away from the inside home lots.

Good luck in figuring things out.

One thing though, does CVE have only two entrance? The main one on Ridge Valley and another smaller opening (also on Ridge Valley) further down the road near Marine Way? Seems a bit inconvenient all things considered.

qiushuiqs1 said:
e.x.

Any thoughts?
Amethyst, New Home Company is known for their customer service and quality.

Customer service?
They are nice you call them?
They are nice to fix things when it shouldn't be broken in the first place?

Please provide more detail.  :) ;)

eyephone said:
Customer service?
They are nice you call them?
They are nice to fix things when it shouldn't be broken in the first place?

Please provide more detail.  :) ;)
Gladly. All homes, new or resale, will have things that need to be addressed. Haven't had anything major but they are more than accommodating with every request.  They helped us move some very heavy planters from our old home to our new home without charge. They even helped us vet contractors for post closing improvements. Above all with a wonderful helpful attitude. Could not be more pleased. Compared to Richmond-American they are head and shoulders better, and I found RA to be quite good.  I have heard horror stories from friends of mine who have bought Toll Brothers and they are stunned with the level of service (and great attitude) we get with TNHC. Did you have a different experience?

Back