Amazon Prime Free Same Day Shipping

irvinehomeowner said:
I have used Prime Same Day shipping several times now.

So convenient and it's good for AMZN because it forces me to spend at least $35 each time. Been using it for phone cases and since those are usually in the $5-$10 range, I end up buying a t-shirt or some other electronic doodad.

Whereas I used to go to Microcenter.com or BestBuy.com to see what I need for in-store pick-up, now I'm just going Prime.

Poor brick&mortars.

i told you would be making un-necessary purchases to hit the $35 limit. genius on their part.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

So convenient and it's good for AMZN because it forces me to spend at least $35 each time. Been using it for phone cases and since those are usually in the $5-$10 range, I end up buying a t-shirt or some other electronic doodad.

Whereas I used to go to Microcenter.com or BestBuy.com to see what I need for in-store pick-up, now I'm just going Prime.

Poor brick&mortars.

i told you would be making un-necessary purchases to hit the $35 limit. genius on their part.

I just buy stuff from marketplace sellers. No sales tax and they generally try to beat amazon prices or they can't compete. No minimum for marketplace sellers.

Ready2Downsize said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Poor brick&mortars.

I just buy stuff from marketplace sellers. No sales tax and they generally try to beat amazon prices or they can't compete. No minimum for marketplace sellers.

Is there a way to filter for just marketplace sellers without having to click the checkbox by all the marketplace sellers on the listing page.  Would be good if they had a button for "All but Amazon" but I've never seen it.  Sometimes I'm looking for a product has a listing of 5,000 and over 100 marketplace sellers and I want to see the lowest price from the marketplace sellers but no easy way to do it.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Poor brick&mortars.

I'm a 99%er... no purchase is "un-necessary".

#ExceptBidets

I search for the product I need (part number, model, name with keywords, etc).

Click on the item and sort by price plus shipping plus tax.

Sometimes amazon is the lowest but almost always not.

So for instance, I need one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001F9URQW/ref=olp_sort_tax?ie=UTF8&condition=new&sort=taxsip

I rather buy it in the store so I can look at it and make sure it's the right part but if I can't find it at HD this weekend, I'll get it on amazon.

The lowest price including tax is a market place seller even though amazon price is lower not including tax.

I sell some things once in a while if I can compete on price including tax. Amazon will still get people who buy because they are usually the landing page even though they may be higher than me and other market place sellers but in general I do well selling that way.

Sometimes I can clear more selling on ebay so just depends on which ends up better for me.

So now my kids are in on it. Since they know it's same day they've been ordering stuff they would usually buy at Target or the mall.

Today I ordered $45 of extra stuff to make the shipping threshold.

Curse you Prime!!!!

(Do I sound like Megatron?)

irvinehomeowner said:
So now my kids are in on it. Since they know it's same day they've been ordering stuff they would usually buy at Target or the mall.

Today I ordered $45 of extra stuff to make the shipping threshold.

Curse you Prime!!!!

(Do I sound like Megatron?)

#99%erbrag

:) :) :)

Btw, what kinda delivery person do you get?  I'm seeing unmarked mini minivanish type cars with uber type drivers.  Hardly see UPS anymore. 

Sunday's I get usps, weekdays it's either ups or ontrac (white minivan). Never had uber although that could be their next biz plan.  Take it to the next level.  $100B IPO.

I've seen Ontrac's van, it's full sized.  The last few deliveries were in something like this:

new_door_ece6503ab9e28a95169da824191624b6054ae6fa.jpeg.jpg

It's been OnTrac every single delivery.

But both the van and driver have OnTrac branding (I talked to one of them about how much business they get now with Prime).

So Prime Same Day finally failed for me.

Was supposed to arrive yesterday but didn't arrive until today (probably rain delay).

Their site says that if a shipment is late, I can request a free month of Prime... let's see.

I just got a $5 credit for my missing Amazon shipment from Saurabh and a full refund for my missing ab roller.  And then another email from Sanchak that they will reship my order!  Love Amazon CS!

Chatted with American Eagle CS and all I got was to wait another 24 hours before I have to call them, what a bunch of losers.

ps9 said:
I just got a $5 credit for my missing Amazon shipment from Saurabh and a full refund for my missing ab roller.  And then another email from Sanchak that they will reship my order!  Love Amazon CS!

Chatted with American Eagle CS and all I got was to wait another 24 hours before I have to call them, what a bunch of losers.

Their excellent customer service is what gets Amazon my loyalty.

Yeah I was going to return something to Amazon and they just said keep it and gave a me refund.

I've been able to extend my membership many times due to shipping delays. Amazon CSR is awesomeness.

Occurred to me today, what if Amazon offered Prime for free for a year to everyone?  Wouldn't this pretty much kill off most of its competitors?  Nordstroms, Walmart, mom and pops, Target, Best Buy, etc....

of course it will probably lose money and operate at a loss but that's something we know it can stomach already.

ps9 said:
Occurred to me today, what if Amazon offered Prime for free for a year to everyone?  Wouldn't this pretty much kill off most of its competitors?  Nordstroms, Walmart, mom and pops, Target, Best Buy, etc....

of course it will probably lose money and operate at a loss but that's something we know it can stomach already.

No. people don't value things they don't pay for.

Back