AIM Research & TIC

fishfinder333

Hey guys, received an email from AIM research to participate in a interview for TIC homes. They will offering $150 for the participation. Anybody ever experience these focus groups or intervies before with AIM Research?

Patrick J. Star said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Paging PStar.... (not sure if he did one with AIM)

Yes, AIM in Costa Mesa (right by the Nordstrom Rack if I recall correctly).  Barb from TIC will run the show, with others from TIC behind the one way glass, no doubt.  Great fun, well worth the time (and of course the $150).  Mine was in early 2010, the floorplans they market tested on us were what eventually became Santa Barbara in Woodbury and Capistrano in Stonegate East (and one other I've forgotten now).  Ours went very smoothly and cordial when reviewing the floorplans, which everyone generally liked.  But then at the end very end they will reveal the elevations, and in our case --- reveal that Capistrano was on a motorcourt. That's when the hostilities (and fun) really began...
Man, I want to get selected to go to one of those research groups.  Oh the fun that I would have laying into them about motorcourts and lack of driveways, Barb and her TIC gang wouldn't know what hit them.  haha

TIC won't listen... I believe PStar was very vocal about his concerns yet they still went forward with those and a few other motorcourt projects.

Dollar > Desire

irvinehomeowner said:
TIC won't listen... I believe PStar was very vocal about his concerns yet they still went forward with those and a few other motorcourt projects.

Dollar > Desire

TIC won't listen but The New Home Company did for Lambert Ranch. With more competition comes more choices. With Heritage Fields opening in another year things should get interesting.

irvinehomeowner said:

Dollar > Desire
It'd still be fun to vent and speak my mind, maybe suggest they look to see what TM and TNHC are doing.

Irvinecommuter said:
Just got one of these notices, I guess I will be going :)  Legit right?

Anything for me to ask?
Yeah, ask them how they determine the Mello Roos for their new developments.  Then ask to see a complete budget to back up the total cost of that Mello Roos.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Anything for me to ask?
Yeah, ask them how they determine the Mello Roos for their new developments.  Then ask to see a complete budget to back up the total cost of that Mello Roos.

I'm sure they'll pull those charts right out of their briefcases :)  It would be interesting to see what's coming up.  Probably dealing with Cypress Village.

Irvinecommuter said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Anything for me to ask?

I'm sure they'll pull those charts right out of their briefcases :)  It would be interesting to see what's coming up.  Probably dealing with Cypress Village.
Hahaha  Of course they wont (they are just marketing people after all), but seeing the look on their face (I'm thinking....deer in headlights) will be priceless.  Oh and tell them that Talk Irvine does not approve of motorcourts! 

Just like Pstar said they don't listen to what the buyers want. The focus group presented preconceived floor plan to him. His comments and others opinions never were implemented. These so called research studies are just another marketing tactic for advertising.

If TIC is sincere to learn then stop presenting floor plans of soon to be released projects to the table then just bring nothing but just their ears. Has anyone attended any of these groups without them asking to evaluate some floor plans?

The TI trolls daily and he should be able to tell Mr Young what the buyers want. If TIC needs a focus group then they don't value all of us here. "housing is in shortage" as posted in the OCR and his marketing research are a bunch of lies when all of the posters comments have never been translated into a real project. 

Went to a session this week.

They showed us several floorplans ranging from 1800-2400 sq. ft.
- All had great rooms and California rooms.
- Showed a layout for a motorcourt in a semi-circle with some parking spots at the curve.
- Had a floorplan with a downstairs bedroom suite with its own entrance, stacked washer/dryer and mini-living room.
- A three-story floorplan with the third floor being a playroom.
- A garage that had the garage opening to the side. There was a larger than normal driveway space in front of the house.
- Some floorplans had the microwave in the island below the counter.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Did they ask you what your want or trouble shoot a product soon to be released?

They asked us to list what was most important in the house we wanted to buy. They were more interested in seeing what we thought of the floorplans. Was it something we would want to buy.

Vinster said:
Went to a session this week.

They showed us several floorplans ranging from 1800-2400 sq. ft.
- All had great rooms and California rooms.
- Showed a layout for a motorcourt in a semi-circle with some parking spots at the curve.
- Had a floorplan with a downstairs bedroom suite with its own entrance, stacked washer/dryer and mini-living room.
- A three-story floorplan with the third floor being a playroom.
- A garage that had the garage opening to the side. There was a larger than normal driveway space in front of the house.
- Some floorplans had the microwave in the island below the counter.
I guess they don't want to give up on motorcourt homes.
I would have suggested metered parking spots, so TIC can squeeze few more pennies out of homeowners and visitors.
While I want a downstair bedroom suite, I don't think I want a separate entrance.  At least not for this size homes.
Is TIC suggesting us to rent out a room to illegal immigrants to help paying for mortgage?
Maybe TIC can advertise this to justify high cost of their homes.

Back