80% Of All New Home Buyers In Irvine Are Chinese

So Chinese buy in Irvine based on blogs?

Maybe that's why BP has slowed down, yaliu is all over those blogs posting about protesting the cemetery... which worked against him because now they don't want to buy in GP.

irvinehomeowner said:

Maybe that's why BP has slowed down, yaliu is all over those blogs posting about protesting the cemetery... which worked against him because now they don't want to buy in GP.

Is that why we haven't seen Yaliu posting for a while, he's posting on some TalkFCB blog? :)

lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Is that why we haven't seen Yaliu posting for a while, he's posting on some TalkFCB blog? :)

Speaking of... due to the juxtaposition, it's hard not to be reminded of his most recent blog post: "80% of the Nearby Irvine Residents are against the cemetery in the OC Great Park" while reading this thread, "80% Of All New Home Buyers In Irvine Are Chinese".

And yes, there is a Chinese language version of that blog.

Happiness said:
I don't know about the demographic change for the city of Irvine between 2010 - 2015 but there has definitely been a demographic change in IHB/OCR/TI in those years.  It used to be a lot more diverse around here with Larry, NoVas, Trooper, Nude (RIP), etc.  Thank goodness we still have qwerty.

Qwerty is an FCB posing as something else.

gasman said:
Happiness said:
I don't know about the demographic change for the city of Irvine between 2010 - 2015 but there has definitely been a demographic change in IHB/OCR/TI in those years.  It used to be a lot more diverse around here with Larry, NoVas, Trooper, Nude (RIP), etc.  Thank goodness we still have qwerty.

Qwerty is an FCB posing as something else.
If qwerty were an FCB, in his calf picture, he would have been wearing dress socks with the shorts.

Happiness said:

What about IHO?  Oh, wait.  Maybe IHO's Asian. ;)

lnc said:
Happiness said:

At last, somebody has figured it out. Truth be told, each of the "token whites" here on TI are actually Asian as well... including myself. Ni Hao! We fooled you guys.

lnc said:
Happiness said:

I'm one of these: Korean, Chinese, Filipino, Japanese, Indian, Persian, Austrian, Mexican or Caucasian... or all of those.

I know more about Asian food than SoCal but not as much as ps9... I know more about "white" food than qwerxican, but not as much as SoCal... I know more about Mexican food than USCTrojan... AND qwerxican.

I think the Irvine Co. requires new home buyers to fill out a Homeowner Survey Questionaire. That survey flat out asks the buyer what their race is.

TRNeighbor.com said:
I think the Irvine Co. requires new home buyers to fill out a Homeowner Survey Questionaire. That survey flat out asks the buyer what their race is.

Federal law (HMDA) requires creditors obtain this type of info in mortgages and report it for discrimination monitoring purposes.

Just look around and see who is walking around in Irvine... I think it is pretty clear who buys here in Irvine.  As for exact numbers, I cannot say.  However just looking at the population, it shouldnt be hard for people to accept that majority of buyers in Irvine are asian/Indian.  For example, go to any park in Stonegate.  You will easily know who buys there.  I have yet to see one non-chinese/non-indian in any Stonegate park...

you dont even need to look at the people. Just look at all the retail Irvine co setup for FCB. Every single restaurant in CV plaza is asian food...they know their customers

djnick said:
you dont even need to look at the people. Just look at all the retail Irvine co setup for FCB. Every single restaurant in CV plaza is asian food...they know their customers

Al Amir Flat Bread, Da Luau, and Subway are not asian food... the 5 other restaurants are though.

woodburyowner said:
djnick said:

Al Amir Flat Bread, Da Luau, and Subway are not asian food... the 5 other restaurants are though.

I agree.  Da Luau is hawaiian food, which is basically asian food.  Also Al Amir sounds middle eastern which is also another huge population in Irvine.

The title of this thread is why the old IHB members and Larry were so wrong in their predictions.  They assumed that, for similar properties, a person would rent if it were cheaper than buying and that the value of a property depends on its rental potential.  I have had many Chinese business associates and believe me, Chinese people do not think this way.  Chinese people will buy even it is way more expensive than renting. 

Happiness said:
The title of this thread is why the old IHB members and Larry were so wrong in their predictions.  They assumed that, for similar properties, a person would rent if it were cheaper than buying and that the value of a property depends on its rental potential.  I have had many Chinese business associates and believe me, Chinese people do not think this way.  Chinese people will buy even it is way more expensive than renting.

Whoa, "wrong"? I believe Irvine prices fell dramatically in 2008 like everywhere else, no? The Fed enacted unprecedented measures to stem the tide. The 30-year mortgage rate fell from ~6.5% to sub-4%. If you do the math on most Irvine houses, they're selling for near rental parity. Our net monthly housing cost at Strada will be right at rental parity, mainly due to the 3.625% 30-year mortgage rate.

Perspective said:
Happiness said:

Whoa, "wrong"? I believe Irvine prices fell dramatically in 2008 like everywhere else, no? The Fed enacted unprecedented measures to stem the tide. The 30-year mortgage rate fell from ~6.5% to sub-4%. If you do the math on most Irvine houses, they're selling for near rental parity. Our net monthly housing cost at Strada will be right at rental parity, mainly due to the 3.625% 30-year mortgage rate.
I was talking about their predictions for 2014 made in 2009.  I recall one prediction was a 2,500 sq ft SFR in OH would sell for around $600,000 in 2014.

Back