4th of July Fireworks & Michael Jackson Showcase @ Irvine Amphitheater

socal78

I think I'll probably go to this.

July 4 Spectacular - The Music of Michael Jackson

July 4th, 8 p.m.
https://www.pacificsymphony.org/tickets/concert/July4_2016/13423

This high energy concert showcases the best-known hits of the legendary ?King of Pop??from The Jackson 5 to his final film, ?This Is It!? ? and includes music from ?Off the Wall,? ?Thriller,? ?Bad,? ?Blood on the Dance Floor? and many more. The seven-piece rock group Windborne along with lead singer James Delisco joins Pacific Symphony to celebrate the genius of Michael Jackson?s legacy. The concert opens with patriotic favorites and closes with a brilliant fireworks finale.

MJ2016-630x185-PageHdr.jpg

GUEST ARTIST

James Delisco

'Crowned "The Entertainer" by Mr. Las Vegas Wayne Newton himself, on the E! Network's reality TV series, James Delisco has proved he is more than worthy of that title. After completing his one million dollar contract at the Las Vegas Hilton, where his show opened to rave reviews, Delisco continues to obtain critical acclaim in every city and venue on his recent worldwide tour.

An iconoclastic showroom performer with exuberant energy, Delisco emanates old school charm with contemporary charisma. His handling of a song is so true to itself and to the purpose of music, which is to uplift and inspire. Where classic quality meets edgy rock and soul style with undeniable stage presence, Delisco is the future of music and entertainment.

Delisco creates a connection between artist and audience member while ushering in his unique sound through his original music. He has crafted his own style of music he calls RaGaBaR, which is a synthesis of the elements of 20th century music such as rhythm and blues, gospel, rock and ragtime. As confirmation of its appeal to all generations in its design and commitment to the celebration of energy and musical ethic, Delisco continually brings the audience to its feet, with standing ovations at every performance.'

I'm 2 lazy to deal with traffic, crowds, FCB/bad drivers, possibly 2 hot, weirdos, etc..

Stay home and bbq.

Socal, have you been on the cruise before?
It sounds like fun and we're definitely interested... wondering if it would be okay to bring young children?

NewToNewport said:
Socal, have you been on the cruise before?
It sounds like fun and we're definitely interested... wondering if it would be okay to bring young children?

I don't think I've been on this particular one before. We usually go on our friend's yacht. But as a SoCal native, I've done plenty of other Newport cruises before on smaller vessels. I've seen young children and I've also taken my own on boats even when they were in a stroller. They do sell age 0-2 tickets for this. If you think the loud boom of the fireworks might be too scary, maybe just do the parade cruise.

Back