3 New California Pacific Communities in Portola Springs Late 2021

USCTrojanCPA said:
Phase 1 pricing for Sierra includes about $40k of upgrades.  The only upgrades that can be done are flooring, window coverings, and garage floor epoxy.  Attached is the phase map for the community.  First view lots are phase 4 and then phase 8.

Lot 9 with the HUGE backyard and extended driveway will be the king of the neighborhood! Haha. Infinity pool and 6 cars!  ;D

Got the call from the sales office and my dad got his number #1 choice....lot 58.  It helped that he was #2 on the wait list.  :D

USCTrojanCPA said:
Got the call from the sales office and my dad got his number #1 choice....lot 58.  It helped that he was #2 on the wait list.  :D

So he wasn't going for one with view? That's the one with 4166 sf lot. Nice.

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

So he wasn't going for one with view? That's the one with 4166 sf lot. Nice.

Nope, too many unknowns with pricing and the Phase 4 view lots were small.  He loved that it was a corner lot with a 26 foot backyard with no neighbor in the back (yes, it was the 4,166sf lot).  Bird in the hand.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Nope, too many unknowns with pricing and the Phase 4 view lots were small.  He loved that it was a corner lot with a 26 foot backyard with no neighbor in the back (yes, it was the 4,166sf lot).  Bird in the hand.

Congrats to your dad. Corner lot with large backyard and no neighbor in the back is great. And it's only $60k more than the other plan 2 (3131 sf lot). Well worth the lot premium.

USCTrojanCPA said:

Congrats Martin. I think this is a better buy than meadows.

Congrats to your dad, Martin!.  I'm still waiting for the call, and my wife and I were hoping for lot 58.  Hmmm..  i'm sure lot 77 will be taken too.  This makes it tough. 

bkimxmd said:
Congrats to your dad, Martin!.  I'm still waiting for the call, and my wife and I were hoping for lot 58.  Hmmm..  i'm sure lot 77 will be taken too.  This makes it tough. 

Did you guys go to the office this weekend and provide your top 3 choices?  I was told that the top buyer was most interested in buying a Plan 3.

****update

We were just offered lot 60.  That was our 4th choice.  Load of the shoulders now.

yes we were there Saturday morning at 11:30. 

Our first choice was 58. 

Then 77, 76, and 60.  I'm not sure if the plan 1's are a good choice.  But who knows how much the prices will go up in the next phases... 

I've decided to pass on this Phase I, think pricing should be consistent for new phases in the future given future supplies coming online... ESPECIALLY w/ the homes Irvine Pacific is bringing to the other side of where Sierra is in the near future... I like their product a bit more, plus co-op available.  One thing about Phase 1 I didn't like as much is that it's next to the only single road into the community which should be pretty congested according to a civil engineering friend. It's a high foot traffic and high volume road, likely a prime target for Amazon thefts  :-[  especially on the homes with their door facing the street...PLUS the drilling and construction around phase 1 will be pretty lengthy, loud, and not much of a good air to breath for awhile so I passed. 

The price will increase with every phase. At least until the end of next year. I don't see it staying flat. Across from Sierra are IP's condos and detached condos.

The true SFRs are on either side of Dreamcatcher, but those are going to be very expensive. They're from 2700+ to 3500+ sq ft. I'm expecting the larger homes (left of Dreamcatcher) to be Ravello plans 1-3, since they're 3200+ to 3500+ sq ft homes. Not sure about the smaller ones. Could be Ravello plans 4-5.

Of course, all of the above is just my opinion, not fact.

bkimxmd said:
****update

We were just offered lot 60.  That was our 4th choice.  Load of the shoulders now.

yes we were there Saturday morning at 11:30. 

Our first choice was 58. 

Then 77, 76, and 60.  I'm not sure if the plan 1's are a good choice.  But who knows how much the prices will go up in the next phases... 

Congrats on picking up a Plan 3.

bluebig said:
I've decided to pass on this Phase I, think pricing should be consistent for new phases in the future given future supplies coming online... ESPECIALLY w/ the homes Irvine Pacific is bringing to the other side of where Sierra is in the near future... I like their product a bit more, plus co-op available.  One thing about Phase 1 I didn't like as much is that it's next to the only single road into the community which should be pretty congested according to a civil engineering friend. It's a high foot traffic and high volume road, likely a prime target for Amazon thefts  :-[  especially on the homes with their door facing the street...PLUS the drilling and construction around phase 1 will be pretty lengthy, loud, and not much of a good air to breath for awhile so I passed.

Redfin shows 70 houses (excludes condos, townhomes) built between 2015-2020 (which would exclude new) for sale in Orange County. (20 for Irvine).

Builders would have to build a lot to cut into the demand/supply issue imo.

Understand supply / demand issue, not saying that will change tomorrow, it will get better as things normalize under this new environment. Good info on that the other side of Sierra may be condos / my inclination w/ condo's has been that higher % of folks that buy often rent them out which causes a lot of in/out tenants every few years. To me, based on opinion only and not facts as other have pointed out, the future phases/right side of that map seem more appealing.  Also if they allow parking on Birdeye street that could make things more congested. I wish there were better alternatives 8) but hats off to those that pulled the trigger.  Based on convo w/ the sales office, i don't think I was the only one that decided to pass on phase 1.  :eek:

hi all,

long time lurker here. congrats to those that picked up a lot.
just wondering for those that were able to reserve, what day did your prequalification come in?
we were invited this past weekend, but unfortunately got a call this afternoon that all the homes were accounted for.

They wouldn't tell me what # I was on the list, but i'm sure a good amount of people passed.  Martin post about his dad getting the call was at 11:24 and I didn't get the call till 1:11. 

When they called, both plan 2's and the end unit plan 3 were already taken.  I didn't ask about the plan 1's. 

Also, I'm sure many on the list may have been turned off that the homes were pre optioned out except for the floors, epoxy coating, and window treatments.

One good thing is it looks like we are going to be able to tour the model homes this weekend before we finalize.  It'll be nice to see what we are getting instead of just looking at floor plans and lot locations. 

I went in thinking that maybe the plan 1's were going to be over 1.5M due to the sq ft, but I was pleasantly surprised by the pricing.  Definitely not cheap, but lesser expensive than the Highland's current pricing.  Who knows how much more the Hillsides, Bluff, and Highlands are going to keep going up with each phase.  Scary stuff. 

Feel pretty bad to the realtor that took us around to sign up for the IP models and placed several offers on resales for us this past month.

foodisgood said:
hi all,

just wondering for those that were able to reserve, what day did your prequalification come in?
we were invited this past weekend, but unfortunately got a call this afternoon that all the homes were accounted for.

My dad sent in his proof of funds Monday morning (Nov. 1st) and was #2 on the list.  I dropped off his check at the sales office and found out that the #1 buyer passed waiting for a larger lot Plan 3 in a later phase so my dad was the first one to reserve a lot.  Apparently just able every buyer that they called asked about lot 58, Robin told them it's very unlikely that my dad will change his mind.

bkimxmd said:
Also, I'm sure many on the list may have been turned off that the homes were pre optioned out except for the floors, epoxy coating, and window treatments.

I went in thinking that maybe the plan 1's were going to be over 1.5M due to the sq ft, but I was pleasantly surprised by the pricing.  Definitely not cheap, but lesser expensive than the Highland's current pricing.  Who knows how much more the Hillsides, Bluff, and Highlands are going to keep going up with each phase.  Scary stuff. 

Feel pretty bad to the realtor that took us around to sign up for the IP models and placed several offers on resales for us this past month.

We decided to not go through with pre-qual, but even if we got on priority list, we would have drop off right away due to pre options. The two places that are most important to my wife for her to choose the upgrades are kitchen and baths, so that's a definite turn off.

I'm not sure if you could compare Sierra plan 1 to Highland plan 1, though, since Highland 1 is comparable to Sierra 3 in terms of sq ft. Also, the current price of Highland is due to privacy view and bigger lots, 4400 sq ft for Highland 1. Next release will go to smaller lots, 3588 sq ft, and the going price is going to be around 1.52M for Highland 1.

But as many have pointed out, Sierra is true SFRs while Highland is "quasi" SFRs.

Anyway, congrats on getting plan 3.

bkimxmd said:
They wouldn't tell me what # I was on the list, but i'm sure a good amount of people passed.  Martin post about his dad getting the call was at 11:24 and I didn't get the call till 1:11. 

When they called, both plan 2's and the end unit plan 3 were already taken.  I didn't ask about the plan 1's. 

One good thing is it looks like we are going to be able to tour the model homes this weekend before we finalize.  It'll be nice to see what we are getting instead of just looking at floor plans and lot locations. 

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised on the base pricing for the Plan 2 which was around $1.46m (lower than Highland Plan 1).  That $60k lot premium for lot 58 was fairly reasonable because a few of my buyers got larger Highland lots with no neighbors in the back and those lot premiums were $80k-$95k.

USCTrojanCPA said:
foodisgood said:
hi all,

My dad sent in his proof of funds Monday morning (Nov. 1st) and was #2 on the list.  I dropped off his check at the sales office and found out that the #1 buyer passed waiting for a larger lot Plan 3 in a later phase so my dad was the first one to reserve a lot.  Apparently just able every buyer that they called asked about lot 58, Robin told them it's very unlikely that my dad will change his mind.

Ahh I see. We prequalified on November 8. I knew the interest list was forming but we were waffling back and forth. Next time sign up and decide later lol.

We got our rejection call at 1:24pm so shortly after bkim.

Back