3 New California Pacific Communities in Portola Springs Late 2021

Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
I thought I wouldn't pay $1.5M for a detached condo, but here I am, paying $1.56M for Bluffs 2. But I guess I still think we're lucky to get it. Someone already reserved it, but backed out after finding out the all the homes in this phase and next 3 already missed the Stage 2 upgrade deadline. So no electrical or cabinet upgrades. Fortunately, the more important upgrades, like countertop and back splash, are Stage 3, so we can accept whatever that's already included.

The base price is $1.48M, plus $70k exterior and lot premium, and about $10k designer selected interior upgrades. Fortunately, the more expensive upgrades (cabinets to ceiling and recess lights in bedrooms) were on our upgrade list anyway. We looked at the site this morning and were happy with the lot (~3900 sq ft), which is about 1100 sq ft larger than the base lot.

And the fact that base price will increase by $20k to $1.5M in next release (next week) really made us happy we had a chance to purchase this home.

Congratulations!

Thank you.

It's been exactly 3 months since we went to see the model homes (and got on waitlist 3 days later). And since that time, the base price has gone up $100k. Where's the cool down?  :p

nice. 3900 sqft is not too bad fora lot size for "detached" condos.  Bluffs is the one with driveway but in motor court setup?

CalBears96 said:
I thought I wouldn't pay $1.5M for a detached condo, but here I am, paying $1.56M for Bluffs 2. But I guess I still think we're lucky to get it. Someone already reserved it, but backed out after finding out the all the homes in this phase and next 3 already missed the Stage 2 upgrade deadline. So no electrical or cabinet upgrades. Fortunately, the more important upgrades, like countertop and back splash, are Stage 3, so we can accept whatever that's already included.

The base price is $1.48M, plus $70k exterior and lot premium, and about $10k designer selected interior upgrades. Fortunately, the more expensive upgrades (cabinets to ceiling and recess lights in bedrooms) were on our upgrade list anyway. We looked at the site this morning and were happy with the lot (~3900 sq ft), which is about 1100 sq ft larger than the base lot.

And the fact that base price will increase by $20k to $1.5M in next release (next week) really made us happy we had a chance to purchase this home.

SWATeam said:
CalBears96 said:

Congrats!  Your forever home?

Thank you. That's the plan. And I must say that we're quite happy that it did check off many items on our list. It would have been nice to have a driveway, but the Highland 1 lot is going to be a lot smaller than we would like, after some consideration. Although we would also have taken Highland 1 if they called us first. We do feel extremely satisfied with this purchase.

The California Court Company said:
nice. 3900 sqft is not too bad fora lot size for "detached" condos.  Bluffs is the one with driveway but in motor court setup?

CalBears96 said:

Yes, Bluffs is the motor court setup, which is why it's considered a "detached" condo instead of a "quasi" SFR.  ;D

CalBears96 said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:

Congratulations!

Thank you.

It's been exactly 3 months since we went to see the model homes (and got on waitlist 3 days later). And since that time, the base price has gone up $100k. Where's the cool down?  :p

My daughter is trying to buy something in SD and she says they raise the minimum "bid" for the lots a $100k between phases.

The place I'm getting in AZ is half that price and went up $70K between right before Halloween and right after Thanksgiving.

The only thing I can say is prices had gone up a LOT when we bought in 1998 and I was sure those who bought on the street behind us were crazy paying 35% more a few months after we did and it turns out we should have bought another and flipped it.

As long as we have a house we're happy with that we can afford we'll be fine.

Now the fun starts........ turning that house into your dream home.

CalBears96 said:

congrats. start getting quotes for the model and lock in pricing for window treatments and flooring if you plan to do them. prices are going up starting next year from what a lot of contractors have told me.

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:

congrats. start getting quotes for the model and lock in pricing for window treatments and flooring if you plan to do them. prices are going up starting next year from what a lot of contractors have told me.

Thanks. Yeah, we're planning to do floorplanning, window treatments and glass stair rail, so we'll start looking for quotes as soon as we enter contract.

CalBears96 said:

Congratulations!!!
Did you end up getting Bluffs 2 on Poppyseed?

Sysko said:
CalBears96 said:

Congratulations!!!

Thanks. Yes, I got Bluffs 2 on Poppyseed. It's lot 95, closer to Tail Reed side. This is one with bigger lot and it backs to Hillside homes that are on slightly higher elevation, so the back wall is really high and he last 7 ft or so of the back yard is sloped up.

CalBears96 said:
Sysko said:
CalBears96 said:

Congratulations!!!

Thanks. Yes, I got Bluffs 2 on Poppyseed. It's lot 95, closer to Tail Reed side. This is one with bigger lot and it backs to Hillside homes that are on slightly higher elevation, so the back wall is really high and he last 7 ft or so of the back yard is sloped up.

Congrats Calbears!!! Your patience has been rewarded.
After upgrades, backyard landscape.., $1.6ish -$1.7 for a courtyard home and long list of people waiting for it is just beyond my imagination.  I hope this kind of demand will still be there when i sell my Woodbury SFR after moving to Eastwood in a few months.

Still scratching my head?.. :-\

How was the traffic at the Sierra models this weekend?  I wasn't able to get over this weekend as I have my Great Park open house and buyer showings, plus I don't like big crowds.  I'll probably check them out tomorrow. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
How was the traffic at the Sierra models this weekend?  I wasn't able to get over this weekend as I have my Great Park open house and buyer showings, plus I don't like big crowds.  I'll probably check them out tomorrow.

It was pack when I was there on Sat around noon.  They only allowed 6 people to view a home at a time. There were people waiting to get in.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Congrats CalBear, now the fun part of doing the upgrades starts.  Do the flooring and window coverings after the close of escrow.

Thanks, Martin. My wife is looking forward to the design center appointment, but we most likely just do upgrades for the kitchen and baths. We plan to leave flooring and windows after COE, but as sleepy said, we need to get quotes ASAP. Since my wife wants glass stair rails, we need to get that done before flooring as well.

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
Sysko said:
CalBears96 said:

Congratulations!!!

Congrats Calbears!!! Your patience has been rewarded.
After upgrades, backyard landscape.., $1.6ish -$1.7 for a courtyard home and long list of people waiting for it is just beyond my imagination.  I hope this kind of demand will still be there when i sell my Woodbury SFR after moving to Eastwood in a few months.

Still scratching my head?.. :-\

Thanks. Yeah, I can't believe I'm willing to pay that price either.  ;D

I hope the demand stays strong until end of next year. I still need to sell my rental in Lake Elsinore and my current home in Eastvale. I mean, I don't expect those markets to keep staying hot, just as long as they stay where they are until I sell those two homes.

I don't think you need to worry since the Irvine market will definitely stay strong until end of next year, or at least until next fall.

USCTrojanCPA said:

We got to Bluffs around 10:45am and I didn't see many cars at Sierra models. We thought about going there after signing the reservation, but it was already 2pm and we hadn't had lunch yet, so we left, but I didn't see many cars either.

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

We got to Bluffs around 10:45am and I didn't see many cars at Sierra models. We thought about going there after signing the reservation, but it was already 2pm and we hadn't had lunch yet, so we left, but I didn't see many cars either.

I went to Sierra around 3pm today and it was less hectic than yesterday.  Plenty of parking spaces and no need to wait to go inside the model homes.  I saw Plan 2 and 3 of Sierra and Plan 1 and 2 of Lapis.

SWATeam said:
Sysko said:
CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I went to Sierra around 3pm today and it was less hectic than yesterday.  Plenty of parking spaces and no need to wait to go inside the model homes.  I saw Plan 2 and 3 of Sierra and Plan 1 and 2 of Lapis.

Foot traffic through all plans was high between 11:30 - 12:30 PM on Saturday.  It did seem to gradually die down though.  Sunday, I heard didn't have as much foot traffic as Saturday but wasn't a ghost town either.

I'm not surprised folks might not have checked out Sierra's Plan 1 based on what's on paper.  But, everyone I know that saw Plan 1 (8+ previewers) actually liked it way more than Plan 2.  The design is super efficient and Plan 2's flow was very meh.  Before seeing any of the models we were gung-ho in waiting for a Plan 2, but Plan 1 really wowwed us.  One of my family members whose in Irvine said Plan 1 really felt like a million+ $ home with the flow vs Plan 2 kind of missed that mark.  Plan 3 is nice, but you'd be paying quite a bit of a premium for that (+$200K).

Of course if a 4th bedroom is needed, then I totally understand why folks would also skip out on seeing the Plan 1.

I guess Plan 1 is like Hillside Plans 2/3, where downstairs is really nice, but they're only 3 bedrooms.

We not only needed a 4th bedroom, but also a loft, which is why we chose Bluffs 2 over Bluffs 1. Sounds weird since we only have one kid, but I need one bedroom as my office.

Back