3 Car Garages

Burn That Belly said:
Soylent Green Is People said:
Our neighborhood is all 3CG, but I'd say 2 or 3 out of 50 homes put even 1 car in the garage. The 3CG is essentially the California equivalent of an East Coast basement.

Thank you for reiterating my point... with real world data.

Doesn?t that make the 3cwg even more valuable ? Optionaity of having extra space for your car or an extra bedroom or man cave or gym when you need one

Burn That Belly said:
Kings said:
Would you rather have 3CWG with no driveway or 2CWG with driveway?

2CWG with driveway. Because you could park 4 cars on your property, 2 inside 2 outside. 3CWG with no driveway means a max of 3 cars.

If you park two on the driveway, you'll have to move them off the driveway to get the two in and out of the garage.

May as well have a four car (two tandem garage) in that case and while you're at it, make it a big enough driveway for another four so you can have a lot more fun moving six cars to get the two farthest in the garage in and out.

Burn That Belly said:
Soylent Green Is People said:
Our neighborhood is all 3CG, but I'd say 2 or 3 out of 50 homes put even 1 car in the garage. The 3CG is essentially the California equivalent of an East Coast basement.

Thank you for reiterating my point... with real world data.

Like I previously mentioned, people have a lot of stuff and use it as storage. It?s really true.

Burn That Belly said:
Compressed-Village said:
Boys things sure change fast. A million dollar for condos and not even a driveway, let?s not talk about 3 cars garage.

Only _________ pay $1m+ and $6000-$28,000 more in MR perpetuity when you can get THIS:

4 car garage! VIEWS in nearly EVERY room of the house... huge backyard with pano-views... no neighbors around, all for under 1m.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/41225-Calle-De-Suenos-Murrieta-CA-92562/2091181335_zpid/

11.8 acres of hilltop privacy and plenty of space for horses and orchard grove.

Burn That Belly said:
Compressed-Village said:
Boys things sure change fast. A million dollar for condos and not even a driveway, let?s not talk about 3 cars garage.

Only _________ pay $1m+ and $6000-$28,000 more in MR perpetuity when you can get THIS:

4 car garage! VIEWS in nearly EVERY room of the house... huge backyard with pano-views... no neighbors around, all for under 1m.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/41225-Calle-De-Suenos-Murrieta-CA-92562/2091181335_zpid/

yeah, but its in Murrieta.

why are  crappy shoebox studios in Manhattan 1 million dollars. Location.

Yes I remembered in 2006 I warned that the 3CWG will be extinct. Next would be the driveway, then your yard and I was a lunatic for mentioning 3 stories. 12 years later and here we are. Unless the city sets up more stringent code homes will continue to mutate. City codes only enforced required parking and garage size but assumed that all homes having a yard and driveway were automatic default so there were no mentioning of homes must having them.

City of Irvine has the least restrictive rules than other cities. It is the easiest to get projects approved compared to the Bay Area. Because of the lengthy governmental processsing in the Bay Area the cost the overhead is reflected in higher home prices than Irvine.

Irvine also have limited governing over the design of homes. It?s primary function is to enforce safety compliance. The aesthetic and floor planning are enforced by the developers. No other cities in the nation have this type of set up thus allowing the developers the freedom to ?innovate?.

There are pros and cons to this city and developer partnership. Exploration could improve design quality but at the same time could diminish open space. Density forced homes to be more packed in but increases property value citywide.

In understanding the loopholes of the city code predictions are extremely accurate.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Yes I remembered in 2006 I warned that the 3CWG will be extinct. Next would be the driveway, then your yard and I was a lunatic for mentioning 3 stories. 12 years later and here we are. Unless the city sets up more stringent code homes will continue to mutate. City codes only enforced required parking and garage size but assumed that all homes having a yard and driveway were automatic default so there were no mentioning of homes must having them.

City of Irvine has the least restrictive rules than other cities. It is the easiest to get projects approved compared to the Bay Area. Because of the lengthy governmental processsing in the Bay Area the cost the overhead is reflected in higher home prices than Irvine.

Irvine also have limited governing over the design of homes. It?s primary function is to enforce safety compliance. The aesthetic and floor planning are enforced by the developers. No other cities in the nation have this type of set up thus allowing the developers the freedom to ?innovate?.

There are pros and cons to this city and developer partnership. Exploration could improve design quality but at the same time could diminish open space. Density forced homes to be more packed in but increases property value citywide.

In understanding the loopholes of the city code predictions are extremely accurate.

We even got 4 level condos...something I never thought we'd get years ago.

Back