SoCal said:
Good point. Speaking of, does anybody on TI happen to know if there will be bike trails at The Great Park? I am thinking about buying a bike.

Yup.  There already are some bike trails there and - eventually - there will be many more.  Come see me when you're ready to buy a bike; we are the number 1 dealer in So Cal for Pedego Electric bikes and also offer (not in stock, but take about one day to get) a full line of KHS bikes (non electric bikes), which are fantastic bikes.

I'm guessing she landed at the Target parking lot.

Woman jumps to death from I-5 exit ramp in Irvine
April 13, 2015 Updated 6:31 p.m.
By Brittany Naylor / Staff Writer

A woman in her early 20s died after jumping off an I-5 exit ramp in Irvine on Monday.

Police received the report of the jumper on the Bake Parkway/Lake Forest Drive exit ramp at 11:19 a.m., said Farrah Emami, spokeswoman for the Irvine Police Department.

She was pronounced dead at the scene, said Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi. Her body was recovered in an Irvine Spectrum Center parking lot.

No lanes were closed on the 5, and the off-ramp stayed open for traffic.

Contact the writer: bnaylor@ocregister.com

WTTCHMN said:
I'm guessing she landed at the Target parking lot.

Woman jumps to death from I-5 exit ramp in Irvine
April 13, 2015 Updated 6:31 p.m.
By Brittany Naylor / Staff Writer

A woman in her early 20s died after jumping off an I-5 exit ramp in Irvine on Monday.

Police received the report of the jumper on the Bake Parkway/Lake Forest Drive exit ramp at 11:19 a.m., said Farrah Emami, spokeswoman for the Irvine Police Department.

She was pronounced dead at the scene, said Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi. Her body was recovered in an Irvine Spectrum Center parking lot.

No lanes were closed on the 5, and the off-ramp stayed open for traffic.

Contact the writer: bnaylor@ocregister.com

That's really sad.  The Bake/Lake Forest Drive flyover on the I5 is directly in the middle of the view from the backyard and 2nd floor decks of the Hidden Canyon model homes.  I wonder if any visitors to the Hidden Canyon model homes today saw this tragedy.

Wow, looks like I missed all the action. I was scheduled to be there yesterday exactly at that time. I always park on the south side of the Spectrum. However, I wasn't feeling well yesterday. So, I am headed there today instead. Very sad that this happened. But what I don't get is the location description. The 5 @ Bake is where she jumped, but her body landed in the Spectrum parking lot? Makes no sense. I'm looking at a map. That's about 3 miles away?? Either one of those locations is wrong or else I'm going to go with an IHS conspiracy theory.

The I5 South connector/flyover for Bake/Lake Forest exit is elevated and passes over the Spectrum parking lot edge near Target.

SoCal said:
Wow, looks like I missed all the action. I was scheduled to be there yesterday exactly at that time. I always park on the south side of the Spectrum. However, I wasn't feeling well yesterday. So, I am headed there today instead. Very sad that this happened. But what I don't get is the location description. The 5 @ Bake is where she jumped, but her body landed in the Spectrum parking lot? Makes no sense. I'm looking at a map. That's about 3 miles away?? Either one of those locations is wrong or else I'm going to go with an IHS conspiracy theory.

Just got back from the Spectrum. No sign of a tragedy at all. Weird. And yeah, you're right, IACrenter. It looks like she must have landed smack-dab in that employee parking lot near Target by the way that overpass is situated.

That overpass is so high, people must have seen her walking along the side of the freeway.  It's not so easy to access as a pedestrian.

I didn't know you could actually see the overpass from the Hidden Canyon homes.  For all the TB lurkers on this site, it's great publicity - "Hidden Canyon - a view to die for!"

Irvine residents apparently like to leap off parking structures, hotels, bridges from parking structure to apartments, bridge over flood control and now freeway overpasses. With so many deaths at the Spectrum that place got to be haunted with unsettling ghost spirits the worst kind according to Chnese legend who wander aimlessly and chooses the next victim with poor spiritual energy. Yaliu would you please weigh in on this topic?

My next prediction is future jumpers take a leap off the rusty bridges at Jost on to the on coming traffic directly below. Chinese suicides are often gruesome unlike westerners who overdose on pills. Chinese believes a messy suicide leads to an unsettling  spirit that can come back to revenge against those who were responsible or caused the victims death.

JOST bridges are not a good choice--way too short. They'll most likely survive with painful injuries unless they also get hit by a car.

irvinehomeshopper said:
My next prediction is future jumpers take a leap off the rusty bridges at Jost on to the on coming traffic directly below. Chinese suicides are often gruesome unlike westerners who overdose on pills. Chinese believes a messy suicide leads to an unsettling  spirit that can come back to revenge against those who were responsible or caused the victims death.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Irvine residents apparently like to leap off parking structures, hotels, bridges from parking structure to apartments, bridge over flood control and now freeway overpasses. With so many deaths at the Spectrum that place got to be haunted with unsettling ghost spirits the worst kind according to Chnese legend who wander aimlessly and chooses the next victim with poor spiritual energy. Yaliu would you please weigh in on this topic?

PLEASE RELOCATE THE CEMETERY.  NOW I AM SCARED....

Back