4 sounds like death in Chinese (different tone so not exactly the same).  So 4th floor sounds like 'death' floor, etc.  only for the superstitious types, I could care less.  Maybe except the 174 sequence in an older thread I mentioned, that sounds like, "we all die" , that's spooky.

My rule of thumb: if the occurrence of the number 4 is equal to or greater than the # of remaining digits, I pass.

bones said:
My rule of thumb: if the occurrence of the number 4 is equal to or greater than the # of remaining digits, I pass.

my block in WB is two digit house numbers with 4 as the first number and over half the street is chinese.  during new years a few houses even had really nice decorations in front. 

in IR's next analysis post, he should note how much the number 4 affects price points.

rkp said:
bones said:

my block in WB is two digit house numbers with 4 as the first number and over half the street is chinese.  during new years a few houses even had really nice decorations in front. 

in IR's next analysis post, he should note how much the number 4 affects price points.

Does a chinese family live in #44?

bones said:
rkp said:
bones said:

Or #46

yaliu07 said:
lnc said:
yaliu07 said:
nyc to oc said:
NicholasHunter said:
Yes the address is 144 compass. 4 + 4 = 8 also for being in the states it is important 4 has no effect for Americans, even numbers are a positive flow. The home its self is beautiful with a great orientation for natural sunlight and very open floor plan. One of the last chances to be in this community for under a million dollars, that's a deal in itself.

The problem is that even if I as a buyer do not care about the number 4 or think its unlucky, I still have to think about resale. If I believe that in the future, Irvine will continue to be dominated by Chinese buyers, it would be foolish of me to buy that house, because it would limit who I could sell it to down the road.

#4 - 10% price reduction.
Next to cemetery - 10% price reduction.
if this house is located on the T-Section - 10% price reduction....

Come on Yaliu,  let's start a petition to ban all number 4 from the address number and prohibit building residential home at T-section. :)

this house is located in T-section.. 

damn 6400 lot size...  so good and nice.  yet this has been on the market for 4 month.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/132-Fieldwood-92618/home/51682490

Let's say a person buys it. Wouldn't it be a pain to get approval to expand the house?

yaliu07 said:
bones said:
rkp said:
bones said:

Or #46

we are single loaded and have only odd numbers but streets behind ours are identically numbered.  will see if there is a 44 or 46 house and who lives there.

I did a little digging and looks like numbers 69,444, and 666 are prohibited according to City of Irvine's address and street naming policy.  It does look like it is pretty easy for builder or developer to avoid #4 from the street address if they wanted too.

City of Irvine: Addressing and Street Naming Policies and Procedures

Excerpt from page 7:
1. Single-family development addresses within a tract may
include two or three digit numbers, depending on the total
number of dwelling units. New address sequencing shall
begin with the number 50 and exclude the numbers 69, 444,
and 666.
Revisions to existing/approved address sequencing
may be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Director
of Community Development as long as 100 percent of
effected property owners agree to the proposed revision.

yaliu07 said:
lnc said:
yaliu07 said:
nyc to oc said:
NicholasHunter said:
Yes the address is 144 compass. 4 + 4 = 8 also for being in the states it is important 4 has no effect for Americans, even numbers are a positive flow. The home its self is beautiful with a great orientation for natural sunlight and very open floor plan. One of the last chances to be in this community for under a million dollars, that's a deal in itself.

The problem is that even if I as a buyer do not care about the number 4 or think its unlucky, I still have to think about resale. If I believe that in the future, Irvine will continue to be dominated by Chinese buyers, it would be foolish of me to buy that house, because it would limit who I could sell it to down the road.

Come on Yaliu,  let's start a petition to ban all number 4 from the address number and prohibit building residential home at T-section. :)

damn 6400 lot size...  so good and nice.  yet this has been on the market for 4 month.

Wow they photoshopped the grass in front, pretty good job too.

aquabliss said:
yaliu07 said:
lnc said:
yaliu07 said:
nyc to oc said:
NicholasHunter said:

Wow they photoshopped the grass in front, pretty good job too.

I thought the general rule is: the seller can't deceive the potential buyer. Is there fake grass or real grass in the backyard? I noticed another picture where the the backyard is dirt.

rkp said:
yaliu07 said:
bones said:

Or #46

we are single loaded and have only odd numbers but streets behind ours are identically numbered.  will see if there is a 44 or 46 house and who lives there.

so apparently 44 doesn't exist in the part of WB i live in...we walked up and down the streets and definitely no 44s.  however 46 and 64 do do exist and this is what i observed

46 house 1: chinese
46 house 2: korean

64 house 1: chinese
64 house 2: unknown

This house has been on the market for almost one year now and all I see is price increases.  After nearly a year, dont you think its time to drop the price a bit and see what happens? 

Back