McRib is back

ps99472

Not a usual fan of micky ds but the McRib had me at hello.  Now at your local Golden Arches.  Soft pillowy bun, processed pork bits, onions, pickles, and tangy BBQ sauce...I can eat a dozen

Ps9 - is it out now? I had read it was coming out on 12/17?

If it is out what location did u get it at?

qwerty said:
Ps9 - is it out now? I had read it was coming out on 12/17?

If it is out what location did u get it at?

Orchard Hills, I wanted to just get fries for the kiddo...end up getting two McRibs for myself.

Everyone has their vices... mine just happens to be fatty food (athough I don't like the McRib... aren't they like $4 each... that's a rip).

I think it was about $6 for two but I didn't really care.  Might want to load up on McDonald's stock, I'm gonna do my Call of McRib Duty tonight.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/11-amazing-facts-about-the-mcdonald-s-mcrib-170212930.html

3. The McRib is a product of "restructured meat technology."

Rene Arend came up with the idea and design of the McRib, but it's a professor from the University of Nebraska named Richard Mandigo who developed the "restructured meat product" that the McRib is actually made of.

According to an article from Chicago magazine, which cites a 1995 article by Mandigo, "restructured meat product" contains a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, which is then mixed with salt and water to extract proteins from the muscle. The proteins bind all the pork trimmings together so that it can be re-molded into any specific shape ? in this case, a fake slab of ribs.

5. The entire McRib sandwich contains about 70 ingredients ? including a flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats.

Flickr/Calgary Reviews
As it appears out of the box, the McRib sandwich consists of just five basic components: a pork patty, barbecue sauce, pickle slices, onions, and a sesame bun.

But, as recently reported by Time magazine, a closer inspection of McDonald's own ingredient list reveals that the pork sandwich contains a total of 70 ingredients. This includes azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in the production of foamed plastics.

The entire sandwich packs a whopping 500 calories, 26 grams of fat, 44 grams of carbs, and 980 milligrams of sodium.

ps9 said:
I think it was about $6 for two but I didn't really care.  Might want to load up on McDonald's stock, I'm gonna do my Call of McRib Duty tonight.
Yeah... I passed by a McDs and saw that it was $2.99. If you buy the combo, you can get a 2nd for $1 more (oooo... you know you want it PS9).

Based on OCgasman's post, good thing I didn't get it... although eating plastic is probably good for cleaning out my digestive system.

OCgasman said:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/11-amazing-facts-about-the-mcdonald-s-mcrib-170212930.html

3. The McRib is a product of "restructured meat technology."

Rene Arend came up with the idea and design of the McRib, but it's a professor from the University of Nebraska named Richard Mandigo who developed the "restructured meat product" that the McRib is actually made of.

According to an article from Chicago magazine, which cites a 1995 article by Mandigo, "restructured meat product" contains a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, which is then mixed with salt and water to extract proteins from the muscle. The proteins bind all the pork trimmings together so that it can be re-molded into any specific shape ? in this case, a fake slab of ribs.

5. The entire McRib sandwich contains about 70 ingredients ? including a flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats.

Flickr/Calgary Reviews
As it appears out of the box, the McRib sandwich consists of just five basic components: a pork patty, barbecue sauce, pickle slices, onions, and a sesame bun.

But, as recently reported by Time magazine, a closer inspection of McDonald's own ingredient list reveals that the pork sandwich contains a total of 70 ingredients. This includes azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in the production of foamed plastics.

The entire sandwich packs a whopping 500 calories, 26 grams of fat, 44 grams of carbs, and 980 milligrams of sodium.

old news to me.. i still eat it.. that's why it is not on the menu continuously,  if we get McRib all year, we'll probably get sick and die off sooner.. smart on McD's part to limit availability.. got to give it's customer's liver time to break down the bad stuff..

Heh... they've been back for a few weeks now. Was at some school event and saw the sign and thought "The ps9 signal is up!".

Cool!  Here's my dinner tonight, McRib, McFries and some fresh cilantro salsa from La Sirena to smother my fried spuds.  Goes surprisingly well.

how fast time flies, McRib is here again

C566872B-E021-4B6D-862C-A4BB61BBF515_zpsf0bkdxzx.jpg

D5E5E745-3261-42B8-851B-708BE771383C_zpslnt2gzfi.jpg

Back