Pediatric Dentist

ps99472

Need to get my 2 year old to her first check up.... don't look forward to this... any recs on your favorite kiddie dentist? 

I would recommend Teddy Bear Dentistry on Barranca but the Yelp reviews aren't very kind and our dental bills are kind of high (what some of the complaints are about).

We might switch too so I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

The funny thing is the dentist we used to have in Tustin, my son hated and this one he likes... so it's a personal preference thing.

Went to Little Smiles of OC...They got really good ratings on Yelp. 

The facility is a little dated but the Dentist and Hygentist were both nice.  They have an option to fill out forms ahead of time on their website but I could not get it to work.  They're paper-free so I spent 20 minutes filling out form on an Ipad (which seems cool but kinda of annoying). 

The visit was basically some cleaning and an exam.  We got a baggie with a toothbrush and other stuff in it.  Not sure if I would go back but probably.

Mr. and Ms. Soylent Green plus our kids Soylent Red and Soylent Yellow have gone to Dr. Rolfes for years. I was the biggest chicken, demanding gas be turned on and novocain just for a cleaning. I still ask for a hit off the gas.... because that's how I roll....but not afraid of the Dentist any longer. Gentle work done by either Dr's, both Rolfes or Dr. Do, great staff, clean location, kid friendly.

http://www.smiles4oc.com/

My .02c

USC- been seeing Dr. Shahriyarpour of Barranca Dentistry for all my dental work this year. He is good.
His network is also good. I had to get three root canals, a complicated surgery to get my wisdom teeth removed and then a crown. All the doctors that I was referred to were equally good.

Cubic Zirconia said:
USC- been seeing Dr. Shahriyarpour of Barranca Dentistry for all my dental work this year. He is good.
His network is also good. I had to get three root canals, a complicated surgery to get my wisdom teeth removed and then a crown. All the doctors that I was referred to were equally good.
I have Delta Dental so let me check to see if he is on their listing.  I need to get a regular check up and then one of my caps replaced. 

Irvinecommuter said:
Went to Little Smiles of OC...They got really good ratings on Yelp.

My kids are patients at Little Smiles as well. In a previous life, I was a trained RDA and also worked for the largest dental lab in the world, so I'm sort of picky.  We haven't had to experience any treatment other than regular check-ups and X-rays (thankfully) so I can't comment on the work, however I've been happy so far and had nice interaction with the doctor and staff. He's a knowledgeable person. The staff is really good at putting kids to ease. They seem to be a modern office with up to date technology. My son had an accident the week of Christmas that resulted in me having to contact him by cell phone in case he should receive prompt care or be referred. The doctor was actually at a ski lodge with family and was in the middle of something but took time to get the full scoop on what was going on with a pleasant attitude about it. 

@ps9:

Any update on this?

We're still going to Teddy Bear Dentistry... no complaints so far. They use twilight gas which can get expensive but considering both my kids never felt any pain (one had to have fillings already, the other had to have teeth pulled because they weren't falling out naturally) it's okay for us.

We're lagging a bit, should be soon, actually was by teddy bear the other day when we were at the eye doc across the hall, we'll probably try them first.  Should we say IHO sent us?

Neh... I don't work on referrals here.

Just check them out and let me know what you think... it's good to get another person's point of view... especially from my suitcase o' cash brother.

Going with Dr. Lee at Little Smiles...  Teddy Bear was not a network provider...  First appt is end of the month... can't wait...  how do you tell a 2 year to sit and not move around for 30 minutes?  This should be interesting...

Had our first appt with Dr. Harvey yesterday...  very simple first meet and greet type appt...  the hygienist first flossed and then polished my daughter's teeth.. she was very gentle and seems good with "little" patients... surprised my daughter did well, she's usually shy around strangers..or maybe it's because of the chocolate flavored tooth polish?  Dr. Harvey came in later to check her teeth.. looks like we're missing a couple molars but no visual cavities...  He told us to use a thin wash cloth to do a general wipe/massage of her gums/teeth before brushing to get most of the plaque off... He was the second dentist to tell me that toothpaste doesn't matter, it's all technique...

Went over a few office intros... his cell is available on the answering machine for emergencies... forms are online and can be done paperless... they had the TV on during the cleaning.. also a stuffed animal on the chair they use to get the kid to brush its teeth...and then they brush the kid's teeth.. kinda smart.. i was worried my daughter might chomp on some fingers.. but no injuries... so it was an easy first appt... hopefully stays this way..

Just lost Dr. Harvey from our insurance network.  :(

My insurance only shows 7 pediatric dentists in our network in Irvine, narrowed down to these three:

Dr. Patrick Lee of ABC Kid's Dentalhttp://www.yelp.com/biz/abc-kids-dental-irvine(not that great reviews)

and Dr. Janice Park-Kim of Northpark Dentalhttp://www.yelp.com/biz/northpark-dental-irvine-2

and Dr. Yun Song of Tiny Teeth Children's Dentistryhttp://www.yelp.com/biz/tiny-teeth-childrens-dentistry-irvine-2

Anyone use these dentist before? 

Our kids (6 and 4) go to Dr. Lee and we like him. Although we have only had cleanings, the office is new and the staff is friendly. No long waiting times which is good for the kids.

Just want to share different opinion regarding to Dr. Lee. We've seen him once a few years ago. Feel very unexperienced with kids. Never go back.

Back