The end of the road

socal78

What a school year. So glad it's coming to an end shortly.

It can be hard deciding what to give the teacher. But it's fun seeing what a box of crayons and some extra chopsticks from my kitchen drawer can do.  :p

21b42fc.jpg

SoCal said:
What a school year. So glad it's coming to an end shortly.

It can be hard deciding what to give the teacher. But it's fun seeing what a box of crayons and some extra chopsticks from my kitchen drawer can do.  :p

21b42fc.jpg

So after much contemplation you decided to give the teacher a gift of diarrhea from Chipotle?

eyephone said:
B2FiNiTY said:
honestly, that gift is pretty epic. sets the standard soooo high for other moms.

kick back, it's only gift cards

Yeah but the overall presentation is very creative and awesome. It's easy to give money/gift cards. The thoughtful/creative presentation sets it apart

SoCal that's a really thoughtful gift. I thought (for a second) about copying you next year and then realized I don't have that kind of time or creativity. So back to a thank you card with gift card inside.

WTTCHMN said:
So after much contemplation you decided to give the teacher a gift of diarrhea from Chipotle?

Our teachers submit a list of their favorite things. Chipotle wouldn't have been my first choice but it is her favorite.

Paris said:
SoCal that's a really thoughtful gift. I thought (for a second) about copying you next year and then realized I don't have that kind of time or creativity. So back to a thank you card with gift card inside.

Thanks. All the supplies can be bought at the craft store in like 10 minutes, including the gift card which craft stores now carry. For the sake of time, it could be scaled back to a smaller container and a single flower / gift card coming out of it. Instead of hot gluing crayons, a real flower pot can be used instead. (The one pictured is actually the crayon box itself, with the top cut off, and covered in crayons. One less thing to buy.) Instead of cutting floral foam like I did, a "mug plug" can be purchased. The flowers are just pre-cut foam shapes from the kids crafts section, ready to go. I used chopsticks but you could also use wooden BBQ skewers or paper straws from the craft store. I hope this helps.

SoCal said:
WTTCHMN said:

Our teachers submit a list of their favorite things. Chipotle wouldn't have been my first choice but it is her favorite.

Yikes!  I guess she didn't get the memo re: norovirus.

You're lucky in a sense.  Irvine teachers would have put on their list an LV handbag, Hermes scarves, maybe a Patek watch.

WTTCHMN said:
You're lucky in a sense.  Irvine teachers would have put on their list an LV handbag, Hermes scarves, maybe a Patek watch.

I feel very lucky to be married to my wife, I haven't even heard about LV (Luis Vutton?)  handbag, Hermes scarves, or a Patek watch.  I should do something special for my wife for Mother's Day.  SoCal can you make something special, make tow of it, I will pay for both and give you one.

Irvine Dream said:
WTTCHMN said:

I feel very lucky to be married to my wife, I haven't even heard about LV (Luis Vutton?)  handbag, Hermes scarves, or a Patek watch.  I should do something special for my wife for Mother's Day.  SoCal can you make something special, make tow of it, I will pay for both and give you one.

Never heard of Louis Vuitton?  It's as common as Asians in Irvine.  But the real ballers carry Birkin. ;)

Irvine Dream said:
SoCal can you make something special, make tow of it, I will pay for both and give you one.

Sorry, Irvine Dream, I just saw this post... and headed to the dealership right away. I'm here now. Everything's going well. I've picked out one in red and one in white.

Hallelujah. Today marks my last day as Room Parent for one of the most difficult teachers I've ever met in all my years of classroom involvement. I just finished hosting the class party and could not be happier. I'm never doing this again! What a year. Even at the party, a random mom and a random dad individually told me about the crazy and inappropriate things she has said to them, to their children, and to the class in front of them. I've heard stories like this all year long so I know it's not just me who has the problem. Of course, she couldn't let this day go by without throwing in some more snide remarks about the party that I worked so hard on and was up all night putting together last night. How nice. I hope she thoroughly, and I do mean THOROUGHLY, enjoys that Chipotle gift card. Wink, wink.

SoCal said:
Hallelujah. Today marks my last day as Room Parent for one of the most difficult teachers I've ever met in all my years of classroom involvement. I just finished hosting the class party and could not be happier. I'm never doing this again! What a year. Even at the party, a random mom and a random dad individually told me about the crazy and inappropriate things she has said to them, to their children, and to the class in front of them. I've heard stories like this all year long so I know it's not just me who has the problem. Of course, she couldn't let this day go by without throwing in some more snide remarks about the party that I worked so hard on and was up all night putting together last night. How nice. I hope she thoroughly, and I do mean THOROUGHLY, enjoys that Chipotle gift card. Wink, wink.

Care to share any of those crazy and inappropriate things?  Inquiring minds want to know!

SoCal said:

Please site some examples!

My buddy was just suggesting that he make a website where we could all rate public and private school teachers.  These teachers have no accountability!

socal....which school is this? 

i thought all irvine schools were utopia and had angels sent from the heavens working there.  at least thats what the irvine company says in its brochures anyway...

SoCal,

If the teacher is that awful it might a good idea to talk with the principal. Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch.

Back