Concerns re: Aerial spraying of pesticide and exposure at Strada Orchard Hills

ocwannabe

Is anyone concerned about the aerial spraying of pesticides to the avocado orchards at Strada Orchard Hills?  The houses are only a few hundred feet away from the actual avocado trees.  I have two children including a 1 year old baby and am concerned about pesticide exposure to my growing children, particularly if this is from aerial spraying.  As has been mentioned in several posts, the disclosures at Strada Orchard Hills explicitly state that there may be the use of "ground or aerial application" of fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides.  If so, does this mean by helicopter?  Will these pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers get into the pool, playground, water sources, or even the houses via wind drift or via tracking in of contaminated soil?  As mentioned, my biggest concern is for my children and how it may affect their development from constant exposure to these toxins inside and outside the house.  Can someone shed light on this?

Attachments

• orchard hills strada disclosure pesticides.JPG
    orchard hills strada disclosure pesticides.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 333
The industrial world we live in is full of inherent dangers, and this is no exception.  You have to ask yourself, what is the alternative? Move to another location where you most likely will assume another (maybe unknown) health risk?

Disease causing processed foods, carbon monoxide pollution from public roads,  electromagnetic radio waves from power lines (thank you Better Call Saul), mercury or formaldehyde etc in our electronics and home goods are also inherent dangers that we accept.  Unless you are Amish, chances are there is always going to be something to worry about when living in an industrialized world.  But most of us feel if it means a better quality of life, then we'll take our chances!

All of irvine has issues  , you are always next to one of the following:

- freeway
- landfill
- toxic land
- Asians :)

gasman said:
qwerty said:

'Dem be fightin' words!  >:D

i forgot to say that i was speaking on behalf of white people, that statement referring to asians does not reflect my personal views regarding asians, especially asian women. especially when they look like this :)
201333985a13fe5e87b2dcaf79878d6c.jpg

qwerty said:
gasman said:
qwerty said:

'Dem be fightin' words!  >:D

i forgot to say that i was speaking on behalf of white people, that statement referring to asians does not reflect my personal views regarding asians, especially asian women. especially when they look like this :)
201333985a13fe5e87b2dcaf79878d6c.jpg
Is that a pic of your wife? Jkjk

ocwannabe said:
Is anyone concerned about the aerial spraying of pesticides to the avocado orchards at Strada Orchard Hills?  The houses are only a few hundred feet away from the actual avocado trees.  I have two children including a 1 year old baby and am concerned about pesticide exposure to my growing children, particularly if this is from aerial spraying.  As has been mentioned in several posts, the disclosures at Strada Orchard Hills explicitly state that there may be the use of "ground or aerial application" of fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides.  If so, does this mean by helicopter?  Will these pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers get into the pool, playground, water sources, or even the houses via wind drift or via tracking in of contaminated soil?  As mentioned, my biggest concern is for my children and how it may affect their development from constant exposure to these toxins inside and outside the house.  Can someone shed light on this?

Hi OCWannabe, This has been discussed extensively a few months back on TI -- Would suggest to read below thread. Also I personally had checked with the Rangers who work in the adjoining wildlife area / Orchards and the Ranger mentioned that they have never done any aerial spraying in Orchard hills and I would highly doubt it that the Irvine company would ever do aerial spraying in the future considering the new residential developments coming up in Orchard hills.

Topic: Strada @ orchard hills vs. Arcadia @ stonegate:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12737.msg252672.html#msg252672

yaliu07 said:
please keep work-safe.  almost got myself fired when i open this topic at work.

Haha. You can thank Qwerty!

Yaliu - did you they talk to you about the pic? Lol

yaliu07 said:
please keep work-safe.  almost got myself fired when i open this topic at work.

LMAO!!!  ;D Yaliu you made my day. yes you must be careful when browsing TI at work (thanks to qwerty and his "obsessions")  :) LOL

regardless of it being aerial or even just ground pesticides, you should be somewhat concerned due to proximity.  I think what most people fail to look at is the long term consequences of all these pesticides.  We look at the short term and think nothing obvious has happened, but many harmful things like pesticides, radiation, toxins can have a cumulative effects years later. 

@gasman are you an anesthesiologist?  if not where do you get your name?  LOL

That's disturbing.
This is from antennasearch.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 317
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 278
thelandofnoland said:
Another cell tower coming to Orchard Hills. Some Strada homes will be less than 500 feet away from it.

2i0rqp.png
Hi , where did you find this map? I just searched and couldnt see a tower at that location. Below is the tower location I found in Irvine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 245
Thought below information might be useful for people concerned about pesticides in the ground (found it on google). This link / map
show the different levels in Irvine -- looks like all communities have exposure, but varying from 100lbs
to 751,000 lbs. According to the map, looks like Cypress Village has the most (in Red)

Do you live in one of California's pesticide hotspots?

http://apps.cironline.org/pesticides/?zoom=6&latitude=37&longitude=-119.5&layer=fumigants&action=area

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 249
Back