Disneyland Annual Passes

Arman

I'm considering buying an annual Disneyland pass soon. I'm sure there are people on here who have these. Thoughts? I'm strongly leaning towards the Premium Annual at $700. Just makes it so much easier not to have to worry about any blackout dates and not to worry about parking as well.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/

ScreenShot2014-09-02at115009AM_zps8b2ad2eb.png

eyephone said:
Last year I had the deluxe pass. But I didn't renew this year.

Did you not use it much, and hence the not renewing it?

I've never had an annual pass before. Usually go 1-2x/year, can usually get in free anyways due to a friend who is an employee. But, since I have some weekdays off, it'll allow me to visit at my leisure on less busy days. And it'd be nice not to have to rely on the friend, or to use the free passes the friend can get to let in other people to join us.

NYT said:
eyephone said:
Last year I had the deluxe pass. But I didn't renew this year.

Did you not use it much, and hence the not renewing it?

I've never had an annual pass before. Usually go 1-2x/year, can usually get in free anyways due to a friend who is an employee. But, since I have some weekdays off, it'll allow me to visit at my leisure on less busy days. And it'd be nice not to have to rely on the friend, or to use the free passes the friend can get to let in other people to join us.

Do some math.  How many days do you expect to go? What will the cost be if you buy each option? If you just plan to go weekdays definitely get the SoCal Select. You can buy discounted black out passes when you want to go on a weekend. You'd have to buy quite a few of those to get up to the higher tier.

You can also buy a parking pass separate from the annual passes. It is around $125/yr.

My wife and I have the premium and we go atleast twice a week.  We go mostly on Thursdays, Saturday/Sundays depending on my son's activity schedule. 

With the premium pass, if you go atleast 7 times it pretty much pays for itself.  We really love going during Christmas time when they have everything lit up and decked out. 

With the passes, you can just select certain rides you want to go on and not feel rushed to try to do everything in one day.  Sometimes we just bring the kid after dinner to walk around and see the fireworks.

#DisneyPassHolderSince05 :)

I can never go to Disneyland more than once or twice a year.

Even after one day... I'm done... but that's because I don't like lines or crowds.

It's also not in Irvine.

But I echo paperboy, if you only want to go when it's not busy... you don't need Premium.

#DisneyPremiumIsFor1%ers

FARMMMMMIE said:
Sometimes we just bring the kid after dinner to walk around and see the fireworks.

#DisneyPassHolderSince05 :)

You live in Irvine? I went yesterday. Got in the highway at 8:45, got to Disneyland at 9:00. Got in a parking spot at 9:25, walked in the park at 9:55. 55min from getting there to walking in the park is just ridiculous.

If you were getting the passes...you have to get at least one premium for the parking.  It's like $15 a pop. 

We had the passes a couple years back but it just got too expensive with the raise in rates and my kid not being free. 

Irvinecommuter said:
If you were getting the passes...you have to get at least one premium for the parking.  It's like $15 a pop. 

We had the passes a couple years back but it just got too expensive with the raise in rates and my kid not being free.

You can get a parking pass. IIRC It was $329 for the So Cal pass that includes sundays plus $114 for parking compared to $699 for the premium pass.

NYT said:
I originally started this threat over a year ago.

Yesterday, I finally took the plunge and bought my premium annual pass.

Today, Disneyland did away with the pass I bought, and raised prices and made changes to their other passes. I'm glad I bought my pass when I did! Disappointed that there's no grandfathering in option when it comes for renewal.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-686033-pass-disneyland.html

I find going once a year is good enough for my family.

Supply and demand.  Especially with this Star Wars push, it'll be many days full of selling out.

AW said:
Supply and demand.  Especially with this Star Wars push, it'll be many days full of selling out.

Are you talking about that one ride, and the little Jedi training show by the food court? 

Lol, ever since they bought Star Wars and the movies coming out, they're quick to make a Star Wars land. 
Do they still have that Disney Halloween night?  Now they can have bunch of darth vader and darth maul running around spooking kids.  Or is it just one large candy fest, haven't heard much about Disney Halloween this year

AW said:
Lol, ever since they bought Star Wars and the movies coming out, they're quick to make a Star Wars land. 
Do they still have that Disney Halloween night?  Now they can have bunch of darth vader and darth maul running around spooking kids.  Or is it just one large candy fest, haven't heard much about Disney Halloween this year

Star Wars Land is not out yet. (They are "making" constructing it)

Yeah, saw that, but they've already anticipated the demand for it, easy to justify price hike, $1k annual pass.  Man. 

They also changed the parking rules for downtown Disney which is a popular parking spot for passholders.

Back