Your nose knows...

irvinehomeowner

This will probably spur more debate but I thought this was interesting that your nose temp actually helps fights off infections:

So how do you fight the current triple-demic with no vaccines (whether by choice or availability)? Maybe wear a mask? :)

(actually.... other than indoor public spaces, I wear a mask on bike rides and even sometimes at night when I sleep because the cold air will sometimes give me a sore throat or a runny nose... science!)

I understand wanting to keep your nose warm, but wearing a mask while sleeping is just too much. :ROFLMAO:

I still wear a mask when I'm inside public spaces, but when I'm outside, it's off.

Well the blanket keeps my body warm but my face and throat gets cold. We don’t run the heater very high at night either.

The nose thing was strange because you would think articles about this would have been done years ago… unless it’s fake or pseudo science.

Well the blanket keeps my body warm but my face and throat gets cold. We don’t run the heater very high at night either.

The nose thing was strange because you would think articles about this would have been done years ago… unless it’s fake or pseudo science.
We never turn on the heater at night. Makes the air really dry. My face never felt cold.

Yeah... heater all night also hurts my throat because of the dry air... wearing a mask at night is my compromise. It's funny because I did it a few months ago when I had some type of flu and didn't want to get my wife sick and realized I slept better.

So I just started doing it again recently... I guess all this pandemic has me mask-trained. :)

I'm still questioning the whole Covid and pandemic thing, but the masks actually do make your nose and throat more moisture so it's good to wear in such dry environments like Irvine especially newer areas being more inland. It also heats you up when cold outside. I do have an experience sleeping with it on like IHO and it wasn't as bad as you might think. Wouldn't recommend kids to wear while they sleep though.

Back