Would I give up Irvine for this?

irvinehomeowner

So over at the OCR, my friends there posted this:

http://www.ocreader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=1750

This is the house they think is IHO-friendly:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Ana/2116-N-Westwood-Ave-92706/home/3044985

And while the house is nice, and Floral Park is good area... it's still not Irvine... and probably more to the point, it's Santa Ana. I understand there are quite a few people who like living there... and in fact, the highly sought after North Tustin is actually Santa Ana... but even that area just isn't for the IHO family.

Maybe we prefer Tuscan stucco (actually... we also like fake wood siding ala Craftsman style) but it will take more than fancy garage to get me over there.

But thanks to Eval for thinking of me.

Would you give up Irvine for ANYWHERE though? Costa Mesa? Fountain Valley?  HB? Orange? Lake Forest? Aliso Viejo?

If I worked in South County... we probably would have already bought in either Aliso Viejo, Mission Viejo, Las Flores, Ladera Ranch or Laguna Niguel.

If I worked in Santa Ana... I still wouldn't buy in Santa Ana.

I would give up any post 2000-built home for a ranch style home if I didn't have change locations.  In my opinion, houses in Santa Ana are a lot nicer than any Irvine home, but living in Irvine is 100x nicer than living in Santa Ana.

me too, and my sugarplum.  We love ranch style homes - it IS an american classic, from the time when america was nothing but land land land and you could have a sprawling single story home no matter who you were.    Having a 3 story home crammed on a sliver of land is the solution that old population centers on the east coast and old world came up wiht because if you can't go out anymore, you have to go up (or down) but it used to be that you could just head west and get a piece of land. 

Also all those big windows, Mmm.

Also I read that post on the IHB by a contractor saying newer homes are better becuase they have better building codes now than they did back then, but there's also something to be said for the fact that you don't need to worry quite as muhc in a 1 story home.  Not gonna have 2 floors of furnture and building fall on your head.

Back