Why doesn't TIC do something about the crowded parking at the Bluffs plaza...

ScubaSteve_IHB

I work at near Bison and MacArthur and always find the parking lot at the Bluffs to be VERY crowded. Is there any reason why TIC won't do anything to alleviate the traffic?! Is there anything that can be done??? Sorry I just wanted to vent to you guys!

i work nearby too.

what would you do for that location? parking already takes up all the available land, it seems to me.

you want them to build a multi-story parking structure?

Restaurants parking is 10 stalls per 1,000sf and retail parking is 5 per 1,000 sf. As the business parks by UCI got more established the Bluff became the only convenient eatery. Retail spaces were choked for parking and lost their businesses and the demand for more restaurants moved in without updating the parking allowance. When everyone must be there from 12-1:30pm there is no parking solution to alleviate the influx.

Where I work, the parking problem is so bad that we carpool to the restaurant when we eat out. Maybe the research parks employees need to have similar arrangement during lunch time. If it is in the evening. than I would go to somewhere else to shop. Things will come to equilibrium eventually without any action by the TIC.

There's a great chinese restaurant in that shopping center...can't think of the name. Used to go there a lot when I worked at Pac Life over in Fashion Island...we'd go around 11:30am to beat the crowd and find a parking spot.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1257486798]There's a great chinese restaurant in that shopping center...can't think of the name. Used to go there a lot when I worked at Pac Life over in Fashion Island...we'd go around 11:30am to beat the crowd and find a parking spot.</blockquote>

Pei Wei?

there used to be one on the other side of McArthur near the blockbuster but I think they turned it into a Wachovia

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1257486527][quote author="Astute Observer" date=1257476306]Where I work, the parking problem is so bad <strong>that we carpool to the restaurant when we eat out</strong>. </blockquote>

Wouldnt this be logical anyway? even with plenty of parking?</blockquote>
Unfortunately, logic is not what drives our life. The hassle of getting everyone to show up at the same spot, and wanting to go the the same shopping center/mall, and finish the lunch at about the same time, and want to come back to work without drive over the bank, nail parlor, etc., just too much of a hassle for vast majority of people. Besides, who want to share a car with that fellow that make you end up with a bad review 6 yrs ago? Yes, I am a cynic.

Back