What do you think of 91 Shadywood in Arden Square, Northwood Point ?

4 Beds, 2.5 Baths, 2200 Sq. Ft, detached condo built in 2002, Asking for $799,000

It?s the end unit along Culver (60-70 feet away). Inside the house is quite. However, since Culver is a main street, there is always some traffic. Whenever there is a car passing, you can hear it very clear in the backyard and front yard. I have never lived so close to a main street and don?t know how bad this could be. Anyone have that experience? Can you still sit in your backyard and enjoy it?

Since it?s the north end of Culver, it is not terribly busy now. But I don?t know when the Orchid Hill is built, how busy that part of Culver will be?

From my experience, I would never live near a busy street again.

As much as you rationalize features/cost against occasional noise, once you live in it, you have little control over the type of noise you will hear. Not just cars and trucks, but motorcycles speeding down the road and emergency vehicles with their sirens.

Maybe it's because I'm older now... but unless the discount is really high or the windows are quad-paned I wouldn't consider it.

The problem is you can't test the sound at the times when it's important, like 1am or even 6am. There used to be a show on HGTV that let prospective buyers spend a night at a house so they could decide but I don't think the chance of that is high.

The floorplan is nice for that model and maybe if it backed a less busy street... but Culver is probably the noisiest street in Irvine.

We are currently renting a house that backs onto Jamboree. After our experience here, we will NEVER buy a house on a large road. It is now on our "must have" list. The motorcycles that fly by at 2am are so annoying, as well as the Sunday motorcycle riders going up into the hills. We really can't enjoy our backyard as we would like, and we like to sleep with our bedroom window open to keep it cool. The noise drives us crazy!

[quote author="IrvineIrvine1" date=1255182042]4 Beds, 2.5 Baths, 2200 Sq. Ft, detached condo built in 2002, Asking for $799,000

It?s the end unit along Culver (60-70 feet away). Inside the house is quite. However, since Culver is a main street, there is always some traffic. Whenever there is a car passing, you can hear it very clear in the backyard and front yard. I have never lived so close to a main street and don?t know how bad this could be. Anyone have that experience? Can you still sit in your backyard and enjoy it?

Since it?s the north end of Culver, it is not terribly busy now. But I don?t know when the Orchid Hill is built, how busy that part of Culver will be?</blockquote>
This property is overpriced and will settle out around $700k-$725k. From my personal experience, a property being right by a busy street is a HUGE turn-off to most buyers.

Edit - I believe the property was initially listed for $850k. Hope Mike can talk some sense into these sellers.

[quote author="Geotpf" date=1255384875]How do they manage to include ten photos in the listing, yet zero interior shots?</blockquote>
Maybe because the place looks a little "too much living in" and rather have your focus on the exterior? haha

Back