What do you do on the weekend?

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1259120208]After 5 days of dealing with adults who act like kids... the 2 days and the 5 nights with my actual kids is actually nice.

And FYI... most parents don't talk about their kids to non-parents... at least I don't. Usually I don't bring my kids up unless asked or I'm talking to someone else with kids.

But regardless, have and have nots shouldn't prevent you from a conversation, people talk about pets, sports or whatever that I don't necessarily have in common but it's nice to hear about something different... or does qwerty only have conversations with people who share every single aspect of their life with him/her?</blockquote>

maybe i sounded a little harsh. Ive met some people whose lives revolve around their kids (as BK just pointed out) and all they have to talk about is their kids and that is all they talk about. I dont mind hearing about someones kids, but at some point, you can only take so much.

[quote author="reason" date=1259077633][quote author="bkshopr" date=1258797648]LA, Pasadena, San Marino, Arcadia, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Century city, and Santa Monica on a weekly rotation. Within each cities are ethnic restaurants, boutique bookstores, art galleries, museums, Saks, Neiman, Barneys, Laemmles theatres, Grove, Old Town, vintage hardware, Robertson boutiques, vintage home tours and neighborhoods, and of course herb stores and two story Target in the city. We are hardly home but when we are home usually out in the rear courtyard by the fireplace.

Friday night is usually Rowland Height for Chinese Cafe.</blockquote>

Oh my Gosh!! I was right!! BK, thru your various postings. I was able to narrow down your house. I think what really gave it away was once you'd mentioned a Surgeon whom lived across the street from you. Woohoo!!</blockquote>

There are 50 surgeons living in my neighborhood out of 648 homes. Good luck. let me give you a hint: no garage at the front.

[quote author="qwerty" date=1259124296][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1259120208]After 5 days of dealing with adults who act like kids... the 2 days and the 5 nights with my actual kids is actually nice.

And FYI... most parents don't talk about their kids to non-parents... at least I don't. Usually I don't bring my kids up unless asked or I'm talking to someone else with kids.

But regardless, have and have nots shouldn't prevent you from a conversation, people talk about pets, sports or whatever that I don't necessarily have in common but it's nice to hear about something different... or does qwerty only have conversations with people who share every single aspect of their life with him/her?</blockquote>

maybe i sounded a little harsh. Ive met some people whose lives revolve around their kids (as BK just pointed out) and all they have to talk about is their kids and that is all they talk about. I dont mind hearing about someones kids, but at some point, you can only take so much.</blockquote>

Men talked about trophy wives. Parents talk about trophy schools. New Parents talk about trophy kids of course. Childplease talks about trophy companies. I talk about my trophy avocado tree bigger than most Irvine lots. When life is mundane kids are the obvious topic. When people talk about certain subject that is usually to fill a void missing in other parts of their life. We all have such voids in varying degree.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1259127407][quote author="qwerty" date=1259124296][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1259120208]After 5 days of dealing with adults who act like kids... the 2 days and the 5 nights with my actual kids is actually nice.

maybe i sounded a little harsh. Ive met some people whose lives revolve around their kids (as BK just pointed out) and all they have to talk about is their kids and that is all they talk about. I dont mind hearing about someones kids, but at some point, you can only take so much.</blockquote>

Men talked about trophy wives. Parents talk about trophy schools. New Parents talk about trophy kids of course. Childplease talks about trophy companies. I talk about my trophy avocado tree bigger than most Irvine lots. When life is mundane kids are the obvious topic. When people talk about certain subject that is usually to fill a void missing in other parts of their life. We all have such voids in varying degree.</blockquote>

So we're just not supposed to talk? When is talking NOT done to fill a void in our lives? I guess if we were all happy and satisfied then we could all just contently smile at each other and never talk. This is a strange discussion.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1259074423]

8 out 10 Irvine kids attending Pioneer that I talked to are unhappy with their childhood despite of the perfect environment they are provided for.</blockquote>

I'm surprised you found any middle-school-aged kids that *are* happy about anything.

[quote author="CK" date=1259051874][quote author="waiting2buylater" date=1259051295]

2 PM - 5 PM: Looked at a few overpriced open houses in Tustin Ranh and Irvine with wife then headed to Costco to fill up then walked around Irvine Spectrum.</blockquote>

You must have seen me stumbling all over that Spectrum ice rink at about the same time yesterday, getting made to look like a fool by all those 10 year olds skating circles around me.</blockquote>

CK, it was such a beautiful afternoon. I remembered mentioning to my wife how wonderful it was to have this pleasant and sunny weather and seeing people walking around enjoying themselves. Having lived in other parts of the country, I do greatly appreciate what we have here in terms of weather and scenery. It's such an "oxymoron" environment to be ice-skating outdoor during a sunny and warm afternoon. I'm sure you were enjoying yourself even while falling :).

Back