Westpark House Battle

irvinehomeowner

Two 3-car wide garage houses with the same floorplan, listed by the same realtor but at different prices (the listing descriptions are almost identical).

5 Cipriani, listed for 16 days for $1,050,000:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/5-Cipriani-92606/home/4626422

7 Santa Eulalia, listed for 8 days for $995,000:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/7-Santa-Eulalia-92606/home/4628045

While Cipriani has a bigger lot (6446sf vs 6004sf) and is on the corner, I like Santa Eulalia's location better as it doesn't back Paseo Westpark.

Santa Eulalia looks a bit more updated inside but at least both are painted. It doesn't look like either has updated their kitchen or master bath (although Santa Eulalia has no pictures of either area).

I always wonder when realtors don't put pictures of all the main areas if they are hiding something?

I find it interesting that they are from the same realtor.

Who will win?

No contest...I'd say Santa Eulalia...just from the pictures that I could see. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Santa Eulalia is my choice based on only what I can see and the price. It would have been nicer if they actually upgraded the baseboards to nice 6"+ ones when they did the floors and painted the walls.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]I find it interesting that they are from the same realtor.[/quote]

Heh, I find it more interesting that he really needs to sell these homes. Maybe then he would be able to get current on his mortgage. Just sayin...

[quote author="graphrix"]

Heh, I find it more interesting that he really needs to sell these homes. Maybe then he would be able to get current on his mortgage. Just sayin...[/quote]

Did I mention it was starting to feel like old times around here? I likey.

[quote author="ck"]
[quote author="graphrix"]

Heh, I find it more interesting that he really needs to sell these homes. Maybe then he would be able to get current on his mortgage. Just sayin...[/quote]

Did I mention it was starting to feel like old times around here? I likey.[/quote]

I got one just for you too. Go down and around the way from you to 52 Giorgio. Knock on his door and tell him you be willing to buy his house for his mortgage balance. Seeing as how he is about $20k behind on it, he might be willing to take you up on it. I will see if I can find some more homes in your hood that could use your "help".

Looks like another combatant has entered the octagon, 22 Santa Rida for $1.1m:

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/22-Santa-Rida-92606/home/4626578

Same model/floorplan as Eulalia and Cipriana (one of the best of the Vintage plans in my opinion).

This one has a great location, on end of the cul-de-sac... in the middle of the tract and the lot is over 7000 sft. The driveway is nice and long.

No pictures yet, but if the price were lower (much lower) I would probably make an offer on it based on floorplan, location and lot size.

This will probably go into escrow before Cipriani even though it's listed for more.

I don't see Eulalia closed yet but closing at full price would make Santa Rida a good buy comparatively.

I say comparatively because these numbers are really high in this supposed downslide of home prices.

That means I could have sold my house for probably at or maybe even above what I originally bought it for in 2005.

This just boggles my mind.

7 Santa Eulalia still shows as "back-up offer" status on MLS. The property went into escrow on 12/23/09. If it's a full cash offer it'll close this week and if it's financed it should close before the end of the month.

Pictures are up for Santa Rida... although there are some upgrades, it still has the original white tile in the master and what looks like the original white appliances in the kitchen. For $1.1m... I guess it's the location and 3-car garage.

Whoever took the pictures used that weird fish-eye lens where the lines seem curved... and I probably would have staged the property better considering the asking price.

I thought I would have some interesting news in 1 Santa Eugenia being foreclosed on, but kick the can down the road to next month. Judging by the NTS, someone will pick it up at the auction.

Back