Water Tank next to Monterey at Woodbury East

Should I be concerned?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

JR

Is it just me or have you noticed the big water tank next to the Monterey in Woodbury East? Has anyone talk to the builder about this issue?Are we covered in case there is a natural diaster, such as an earthquake, and tank burst? Has anyone talk to the Irvine Ranch Water District to see if there is a coverage for natural diaster?

send me a PM and I'll talk to you about this.

JR said:
Is it just me or have you noticed the big water tank next to the Monterey in Woodbury East? Has anyone talk to the builder about this issue?Are we covered in case there is a natural diaster, such as an earthquake, and tank burst? Has anyone talk to the Irvine Ranch Water District to see if there is a coverage for natural diaster?

Hi,

Do you have some inside scoop about the water tank? I don't quite know how to send a PM.

According to Irvine Ranch Water District (IRWD), the resorvoir was built in early part of 1980 and has underwent seismic retrofit in 2002. He said it should hold out during an earthquake. However, he was unsure upto what magnitude of earthquake it will withstand.

In a catastrophic event such as earthquake, the IRWD may not cover flood damages. However, if the flood has been caused by tank failure, this will be covered if the damage exceed $100,000.

Anyone have anything to add? Apparently, there was one more person who has actually called about this inquiry. Did anyone else do their homework prior to purchasing a house in WBE?

JR said:
According to Irvine Ranch Water District (IRWD), the resorvoir was built in early part of 1980 and has underwent seismic retrofit in 2002. He said it should hold out during an earthquake. However, he was unsure upto what magnitude of earthquake it will withstand.

In a catastrophic event such as earthquake,
JR said:

In a catastrophic event such as earthquake, the IRWD may not cover flood damages. However, if the flood has been caused by tank failure, this will be covered if the damage exceed $100,000.

Anyone have anything to add? Apparently, there was one more person who has actually called about this inquiry. Did anyone else do their homework prior to purchasing a house in WBE?
. However, if the flood has been caused by tank failure, this will be covered if the damage exceed $100,000.

Under what circumstances would the IRWD not cover flood damages? If there is an earthquake and the tank busts open i dont see why they would not be responsible? the tank busting open during an earthquake sounds like tank failure to me. Now if a car rant into the tank causing it to break and flood i can see why the IRWD would not be liable.

If there is a catastrophic even such as an earthquake that is strong enough to rupture the water tank, the magnitude of the earthquake probably had a great impact on the houses around the perimeter. If that is the case, they will not cover the damage on the sites next to the water tank since it may not be their fault.

JR said:
If there is a catastrophic even such as an earthquake that is strong enough to rupture the water tank, the magnitude of the earthquake probably had a great impact on the houses around the perimeter. If that is the case, they will not cover the damage on the sites next to the water tank since it may not be their fault.

this is when the insurance companies try to put the cost on the other one. The IRWD would still be responsible for any damage that was done by the water that would otherwise have been fine even if there was damage caused by the earthquake (carpets for example).

Back