Van Jones

[quote author="GraceOMalley" date=1252380813]What are your opinions on the Van Jones debacle?</blockquote>
It's a prime example of why the practice of appointing "czars" in the administration needs to end. Had he been put through the confirmation process prior to his appointment, where most of this controversy would have surfaced, he would have either been confirmed or rejected. Either way, the administration wouldn't have to be taking the political hit of a resignation.

As for Van Jones... being overly partisan has it's price. If you want to be in politics, you have to keep it civil, drop the political commentary and avoid extreme partisan actions. He didn't and it came back to bite him.

I first learned he had resigned when I tuned in to CNN/Headline News very early Sunday. What got my juices boiling was their introduction of the story. I listened through three cycles of their news to make sure I had the exact words. CNN referred to him as "The man who helped create millions of green jobs"...

He did nothing of the sort. Nobody - Dem or Repub - has done that. None of the proposals I have seen WILL do that. Given Mr. Jones' lightning rod status, he was unlikely to accomplish anything. Good riddance.

Edit: I kan't spel

[quote author="GoIllini" date=1252385182]I first learned he had resigned when I tuned in to CNN/Headline News very early Sunday. </blockquote>

Don't watch CNN. I mean it. Thier coverage is so bad it's almost unwatchable. CNBC and CNBCw are far better for mainstream news than CNN, so long as you don't care about the Kardashian sisters or who Chris Brown punched today.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1252396189][quote author="GoIllini" date=1252385182]I first learned he had resigned when I tuned in to CNN/Headline News very early Sunday. </blockquote>

Don't watch CNN. I mean it. Thier coverage is so bad it's almost unwatchable. CNBC and CNBCw are far better for mainstream news than CNN, so long as you don't care about the Kardashian sisters or who Chris Brown punched today.</blockquote>
Not much choice at 5:00 AM on a Sunday. But you're right.

I'm often up at 5am on Sunday (don't ask) and I agree. At 6am the coverage gets a lot better ? particularly on ABC or NBC.

HLN used to be awesome twenty years ago, but they've screwed up a good formula for some unknown reason, and now they are the vehicle to deliver such highbrow programs as Nancy Grace. :(

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1252406230]I'm often up at 5am on Sunday (don't ask) and I agree. At 6am the coverage gets a lot better ? particularly on ABC or NBC.

HLN used to be awesome twenty years ago, but they've screwed up a good formula for some unknown reason, and now they are the vehicle to deliver such highbrow programs as Nancy Grace. :(</blockquote>
Edit: Tom Johnson, the guy who ran CNN in the nineties claimed he kept HLN neutral in case a right-leaning news network came on the scene. Fox News showed up and HLN became the home of Nancy Grace and Glen Beck, allowing CNN to (theoretically) appeal to the left and the right. The strategy has largely been a failure, but there it is.

(edited to add the correct name, still searching for the quote)

[quote author="optimusprime" date=1252446192]Thank you Glen Beck!</blockquote>

The guy is a train wreck.

Recovering Alcoholic, Recovering Drug Addict, Twice Divorced, ADHD, 4 kids,

And now is building a six foot wall around his home in New Canaan, Connecticut

because he thinks people are out to kill him.

Optimus this guy is so "Right" he is wrong.

"Beck argued that President Barack Obama has repeatedly shown "a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture" and saying "I'm not saying he doesn't like white people. I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist. These remarks drew criticism, and resulted in a boycott promulgated by Color of Change. The boycott resulted in at least fifty seven advertisers requesting their ads be removed from his programming, to avoid associating their brands with content that could be considered offensive by potential customers"

[quote author="bltserv" date=1252461041][quote author="optimusprime" date=1252446192]Thank you Glen Beck!</blockquote>

</blockquote>

What is this has to do with Mr. "Green" Van Jones? Someone who has divorced, ADHD and 4 kids is a train wreck. You have to be kidding. Wow. Please tell us who is not considered a train wreck, Mr. Saint bltserv.

[quote author="Look4house" date=1252491167][quote author="bltserv" date=1252461041][quote author="optimusprime" date=1252446192]Thank you Glen Beck!</blockquote>

</blockquote>

What is this has to do with Mr. "Green" Van Jones? Someone who has divorced, ADHD and 4 kids is a train wreck. You have to be kidding. Wow. Please tell us who is not considered a train wreck, Mr. Saint bltserv.</blockquote>

I don't really care if he is a train wreck or not. He's seriously just a bad actor. Did anyone catch him before he switched from CNN? He was nowhere near the crazy nut he is now when he was on CNN (granted, he wasn't altogether sane even then). This to me just proves that most of these guys either right or left are really just playing a part, at least Stephen Colbert admits it. Back to the topic, sorry for the derailment.

[quote author="Look4house" date=1252491167][quote author="bltserv" date=1252461041][quote author="optimusprime" date=1252446192]Thank you Glen Beck!</blockquote>

</blockquote>

What is this has to do with Mr. "Green" Van Jones? Someone who has divorced, ADHD and 4 kids is a train wreck. You have to be kidding. Wow. Please tell us who is not considered a train wreck, Mr. Saint bltserv.</blockquote>

Ask Optimus Prime. He hijacked the thread. Holy false projection Batman!

Back