TUSD Orchard Hills K-8 school - Attendance boundaries?

kcmkane_IHB

Anyone here with any inside information on what the attendance boundaries will be for the TUSD Orchard Hills K-8 school? Given the school is scheduled to open well in advance of any homes in OH, who will be going there? I can't imagine the overflow from Hicks Canyon and Pioneer would be enough to fill the school...maybe they make it elective for students from other schools (Myford/Ladera, etc) to switch to the new school?

Sorry, just asking a bunch of questions a couple neighbors and I were pondering the other night...hoping that somebody inside TUSD is reading this. We were all curious how this school will impact headcount at Myford.

Here, CK. <a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/school-irvine-hills-2233067-students-tustin">This OCR article</a> about the school should help answer your question. They plan to start with overflow kids from Pioneer Middle School then draw kids from Myford and Hicks. Boundary map to be drawn early this year.

A question was asked about the status of the new Orchard Hills school at the Myford 2009-10 tour/registration for K and new students this morning ...The Myford principal said that construction is going to continue as the money for that school is already earmarked, but OH school would not open its doors for at least the upcoming school year because "obviously they are not selling any houses over there yet, and why put an entire staff on payroll until there are enough students".

Also heard from another parent that TUSD is counting on the expansion of Hicks Canyon school to relieve a lot of the overcrowding at the Irvine and Tustin Ranch schools generated by the current overflow from Hicks. I guess the new wing of Hicks is to open sometime in the coming year.

Found this link with some images of what the Orchard Hills school in TUSD will look like. Looks like it will be a pretty nice neighborhood school. Now I just wish they would get going on the houses up there.

<a href="http://www.mve-institutional.com/portfolio/pr/256_Orchard-Hills-K-8-School">Orchard Hills K-8 School</a>

Does anyone have any infos on the new school being build in Orchard Hills next to the Settler Park? Is this belong to IUSC or Tustin? If residents live in NorthPark or West Irvine will they have an option to choose the new school over Myford and Pioneer for their young kids? Both of these schools are excellent BTW, just curious how it will be zone for future resident.

Thanks

irvinebullhousing,

An article appeared in the OCR a few days ago, basically saying the school district is still deciding on how they will phase in students. It sounds like plans have been complicated since Orchard Hills residential construction was put off until "2013" according to the article. Here is the latest word on that matter: <a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/school-irvine-district-2590221-students-board">"Who Will Attend Orchard Hills School?"</a>

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1254877066]irvinebullhousing,

An article appeared in the OCR a few days ago, basically saying the school district is still deciding on how they will phase in students. It sounds like plans have been complicated since Orchard Hills residential construction was put off until "2013" according to the article. Here is the latest word on that matter: <a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/school-irvine-district-2590221-students-board">"Who Will Attend Orchard Hills School?"</a></blockquote>

Thanks SoCal78, that cleared up a lot of my questions. :)

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1254877066]irvinebullhousing,

An article appeared in the OCR a few days ago, basically saying the school district is still deciding on how they will phase in students. It sounds like plans have been complicated since Orchard Hills residential construction was put off until "2013" according to the article. Here is the latest word on that matter: <a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/school-irvine-district-2590221-students-board">"Who Will Attend Orchard Hills School?"</a></blockquote>

This subject has been getting a lot of discussion on the Myford Elementary birthday party circuit lately. General consensus (and what we are hearing from the PTA busybody types) is that our kiddies will most likely end up attending middle school at Orchard Hills. Either way, win/win in my view. Blue ribbon school in Pioneer vs. a brand new facility in Orchard Hills. We were at Settlers Park last week for a b-day party, and I spent a little time walking the fence line next to the school. They are making a lot of progress. It's big.

[quote author="CK" date=1254883521][quote author="SoCal78" date=1254877066]irvinebullhousing,

This subject has been getting a lot of discussion on the Myford Elementary birthday party circuit lately. General consensus (and what we are hearing from the PTA busybody types) is that our kiddies will most likely end up attending middle school at Orchard Hills. Either way, win/win in my view. Blue ribbon school in Pioneer vs. a brand new facility in Orchard Hills. We were at Settlers Park last week for a b-day party, and I spent a little time walking the fence line next to the school. They are making a lot of progress. It's big.</blockquote>

That's great news. I guess once you live in Irvine, it will be really difficult to move away from here. It has everything to offer, great schools, good neighborhoods, and central located. Can't ask for much more..............Well maybe winning the lottery would be next and last on my list.

For those of you in TUSD who might be interested, the TUSD will be holding a meeting to discuss Orchard Hills on October 26th at 3:30 PM.

<strong>From the Myford website:</strong>

<em>If you would like to offer input at this community meeting regarding the new ORCHARD HILLS K-12 school opening in Fall 2010, you will want to attend this important community outreach meeting at the TUSD District office at 300 S. C. Street in Tustin at 3:30 pm. The TUSD wants your input before they make their decisions later this year on school boundaries, which grades will start first at the new school, parking issues, etc.</em>

<a href="http://www.tustin.k12.ca.us/Myford/">Myford Homepage</a>

Some children do much better in the environment of middle school separated from the Kindergartners. It is especially true for my daughter. The milestone of leaving elementary school gave her sense of growing up and setting her own independence. Had she stayed in the environment of elementary school and not continued to middle school she would not have excelled. Kids need to be among with their peers. Mixing Hollister with KidsRUs IMO may not be the best blend.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1255690723]Some children do much better in the environment of middle school separated from the Kindergartners. It is especially true for my daughter. The milestone of leaving elementary school gave her sense of growing up and setting her own independence. Had she stayed in the environment of elementary school and not continued to middle school she would not have excelled. Kids need to be among with their peers. Mixing Hollister with KidsRUs IMO may not be the best blend.</blockquote>

You and my wife agree completely on this point. Then again, she agrees with you on most points.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1255750947]Well then. Due to all the stress of posting on IHB I think CK is due for a really good massage with good ending!</blockquote>

We may have just found something on which you and she do not agree!

Back