TLC "Tour Bus" and "Savings"

JLegend_IHB

Anyone catch the show on TLC (exact title escapes me at the moment) where they show people going on organized bus tours in various cities to see what properties are available?

What I HATE most is when they give an overview of the house, and mention the previous list price, and then indicate what it is now listed at and claims this offers a "SAVINGS" of xxx to buyers.

This house in Corona was originally listed for 1.2 million, but is now on sale for $650,000 for a "SAVINGS" of almost $600,000! What a deal. No, you assclown, this is market correction. It was never worth 1.2 million before, that is why no one bought it at that price or at the 10 reductions it underwent to what it is offered at now, which even then, is still too high.

No house in Corona is worth 1.2 million, now or ever.

I have not seen that show, but I have seen something similar on "My property is worth what?" on HGTV. Basically, the story goes, a person buys a house in 1996 for 100k and wants to sell it in 2008 and wants to get it appraised. The appraiser runs the numbers and determines the house to be worth 300k now for a total profit of 200k! Of course, they forgot factor in simple stuff like inflation.

Back