TIC and Bike Racks...

effenheimer_IHB

Trying to be a little green by riding my bike to Tustin Marketplace... No bike rack in front of HD or Lowe's? Does anyone know TIC's design standards for this sort of thing?

<p>The choices were BBQ's Galore or the shoe place. The shoe store would've been OK had the Lowe's contractor entrance or their garden shop been open.</p>

<p>HD was hopeless. </p>

<p>No rack in front of Woodbury Trader Joe's or the HD. Of course, the bike shop does have one.</p>

<p>Yet Performance Bike in Tustin Marketplace does not? </p>

If I had to guess, they place them where they think most consumers will use them. Many items from Home Depot and weekly grocery trips aren't conducive to bicycling. You might try writing a letter to the city planning department and suggesting that they require more bike racks at the commercial centers. It won't help for existing locations, but will for future ones.

Also, keep in mind that the more vocal Irvine residents don't like "the other" "invading" their community (see, e.g., affordable housing, light rail, etc.) and bike racks would allow those who can't afford cars to work in the community.

<p><em>bike racks would allow those who can't afford cars to work in the community. </em></p>

<p>Yeah, I thought about this. We should be grateful that the "others" <strong>can</strong> get to our community and work. I'm gonna knock-out the next surly brat behind the counter who feels that customer service is beneath them and they only work at that "supid job" because their "dumb parents" made them. </p>

Back