The New IHOmobile

irvinehomeowner

Dang, Chrysler really stepped up their game:

635879726629669710-2017-Chrysler-Pacifica-04.jpg

http://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...er-pacifica-minivan-monumental-leap/78336620/
http://www.chrysler.com/en/pacifica/

Renamed the Town and Country to the Pacifica and it even comes in a plug-in Hybrid model.

If Toyota's 2017 Sienna isn't a redesign, I might be going American.

Hybrid's cool but I will wait for Honda or Toyota's version.  I will not be buying domestic again (or Italian).

ps9 said:
Hybrid's cool but I will wait for Honda or Toyota's version.  I will not be buying domestic again (or Italian).
Oh yeah... you had a 300 right?

I've always envied the T&C StowNGo into the floor just hated its exterior styling and American/Italian internal non-refinements.

Why do you want another minivan after the current vehicle? You're not exactly in the carseat-and-stroller phase of life anymore. Or is this just a second recreational vehicle for road trips and, uh, hauling your board down to The Wedge (not) and you're getting something else for daily driving.

bones said:
No. Just no.
Signed,
Iho's wife
Actually, at one time we had 2 minivans. When it came time for her to get a new car, she opted for an SUV because I liked my minivan more. Since then there has been 2 chances for me to switch but I like the roominess (I am a big boy) and the utility of the sliding doors and versatile seating (moreso than comparably priced SUVs).
SoCal said:
Why do you want another minivan after the current vehicle? You're not exactly in the carseat-and-stroller phase of life anymore. Or is this just a second recreational vehicle for road trips and, uh, hauling your board down to The Wedge (not) and you're getting something else for daily driving.
I've been out of that phase for a while... just like qwerxican, once you go minivan, you can't go back.

The only thing I would consider is the Tesla X, but that's because of the wing doors. :)

The plug-in hybrid option would be ideal because my daily commute is within 30 miles.

B2FiNiTY said:
I'm not a minivan type of guy but if I had to, I would definitely go after a swagger wagon instead.
I'm on my 2nd one... need a change... or actually a hybrid.

Maybe Toyota's 2017 will be the answer.

So I've been reading more articles about the Chrysler Pacifica and I think this will actually be my next vehicle this fall.

The biggest compelling reason is the plug-in hybrid option. With a 30-mile range, my regular commute will basically be all electric so I will only need to use gas for longer trips. Doing the math, I may only need to go to the pump a few times a year which is a big money saver. It's like having an EV but with the range of a hybrid vehicle which is one of the reasons I've held back from looking at EVs (other than a Tesla :) ).

So unless Toyota or some other foreign brand makes a plug-in hybrid van, I'm going 'Merican!

Avoid first year run, especially domestics with new tech, and dealers will be less likely to bargain since it's the gotta have it car.  Local Chrysler dealer was a pain.

ps9 said:
Avoid first year run, especially domestics with new tech, and dealers will be less likely to bargain since it's the gotta have it car.  Local Chrysler dealer was a pain.
Well, my lease is up this year so I don't really have a choice. On my last SE, I extended the lease out 3 months beyond the end hoping they would refresh the line but they didn't so I ended up with another one.

I don't mind being the guinea pig, if it has problems I'll just whine until they fix it.

Back