the Celebrity won an undeserved award

[quote author="trrenter" date=1256076219]I think the conflict in Pakistan proves that giving them a piece of land and leaving them alone does not work.

<a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/17/pakistan-sends-troops-against-taliban">Pakistan sends 30,000 troops for all-out assault on Taliban</a>

They need to send 30,000 troops because they essentially let the Taliban have Waziristan.

I am sure that the Pakistan troops should abide by the Geneva Convention while:

<blockquote><strong>Over the past two weeks militants have launched a series of audacious attacks across the country, including the suicide bombing of a United Nations office in Islamabad</strong></blockquote>

<blockquote><strong>Military sources predicted the fighting would last at least six weeks and would concentrate on the Taliban strongholds of Ladha and Makeen. Some think it may take longer</strong></blockquote>

This is why you chase them around like dogs and keep them running. When you let them set up shop you are hosed and they don't care who they attack or how they attack them.

So now lets reverse the question and now ask your self how would an enemy soldier be treated by AQ and the Taliban?

I would say that we should not be held to any rules our enemies don't agree to.</blockquote>

Are you kidding? Give them a piece of land.....and now look? Let's remember the ACTUAL history. The British left that place in complete chaos - it was a bloodbath. One divided along religious lines. The Pakistanis weren't just nicely given a piece of land.

Secondly, yes the NWFP has always been a problem, BUT it was contained in that area. It wasn't until we expelled the Taliban into Pakistan that all this nonsense started. So let's not leave out the details which is the part containing our culpability.

And lastly, what excuse do you think the "enemy" has for inflicting conflict on Pakistan? That would the fact the government has aligned itself with the USA. That would be because the government is using AMERICAN bombing planes to do the same shite we do in other countries.

THIS CONFLICT was not created in a vacuum.

And your logic about not adhering to Geneva Conventions..... whoa. You call them names likes dogs, but then with the same breathe you want us to act just like them? Nice.

<blockquote>Are you kidding? Give them a piece of land?..and now look? Let?s remember the ACTUAL history. The British left that place in complete chaos - it was a bloodbath. One divided along religious lines. The Pakistanis weren?t just nicely given a piece of land.</blockquote>

I was not talking about Pakistan as a whole I was talking about Waziristan. The Talliban were left alone in Waziristan and now Pakistan is paying the price.

<blockquote>Secondly, yes the NWFP has always been a problem, BUT it was contained in that area. It wasn?t until we expelled the Taliban into Pakistan that all this nonsense started. So let?s not leave out the details which is the part containing our culpability.</blockquote>

So it is our fault that the Taliban ran... because we were chasing them and they ended up in Pakistan?? Is there nothing that is not our fault?

<blockquote>And lastly, what excuse do you think the ?enemy? has for inflicting conflict on Pakistan? That would the fact the government has aligned itself with the USA. That would be because the government is using AMERICAN bombing planes to do the same shite we do in other countries.</blockquote>

I don't think the Taliban or AQ need any excuse to inflict conflict anywehre. Are you suggesting any country or govt. we help should be subjected to attack by the Taliban? We are chasing the Taliban so anyone on our side should worry about having their embassy's bombed or their colleges bombed?

THIS CONFLICT was not created in a vacuum.

<blockquote>And your logic about not adhering to Geneva Conventions?.. whoa. You call them names likes dogs, but then with the same breathe you want us to act just like them? Nice. </blockquote>

If I am in a dog fight I will fight like a dog.

If I am in a fist fight and the guy pulls out a club I would be stupid not to get a club.

If I were in a knife fight and a guy took out a gun, I would want a gun.

A rule by definition is <strong>a principle or regulation governing conduct, action, procedure, arrangement, etc.: </strong>

I am trying to figure out why one side would follow a rule while they know the other side isn't?

To me that puts our soldiers at a disadvantage that I don't think is fair to them.

Here is a really good article that is not very political from Australia.

It has some really good detail on the different extremists at play in Pakistan

and the tribal regions of Waziristan.

<a href="http://www.theage.com.au/world/an-unholy-trinity-20091020-h6wt.html">http://www.theage.com.au/world/an-unholy-trinity-20091020-h6wt.html</a>

The problems of this part of the world are going to spread no matter what we do with our troops.

This is a tribal and religious battle that has been going on for hundreds of years.

The more war and destruction of infrastructure we bring to this region, the more radical it will become

from the destabilization we create. We are Pumping Billions into Pakistan and Afghanistan. But I just dont see it

doing anything but bringing Pakistan to a point of complete chaos. Without our money and weapons this conflict

would not escalate to a total meltdown of Pakistan and the region.

And keep in mind. Pakistan has Nuclear Weapons.

The Taliban and the conflict in Pakistan is a result of our unnecessary war in Afghanistan. And now we are paying the price AGAIN by bring drawn into yet ANOTHER conflict in ANOTHER country. Talk about domino effect.

Back