Terra Cotta Warriors at Bowers in Santa Ana

SacRenter_IHB

Just returned from a fabulous 4th in Newport Beach and had the opportunity to swing by the Bowers Museum to see the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit.

I would HIGHLY recommend this exhibit to everyone. I took the entire family from a 5 year old all the way up to Grandma and everyone loved it. We met people who had travelled from all over the West Coast to see the Warriors. They are unbelievable.

Reservations are helpful and most likely required for the weekends. I know some weekends are already sold out.

<a href="http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/arts/la-et-warriors17-2008may17,0,7206866.story">LA Times Article on Warriors</a>

Has anyone tried to get tickets for the free Fridays? Is it absolute chaos? We shelled out money for tickets to see the Pompeii exhibit in San Diego a month ago- which was great btw. I apparently need to add museum tickets as a sub-category in my entertainment budget. Ok, I'm not really that @n@l.

Glad to hear its worth the money. We'll have to check it out!

We are going this weekend. I was delightfully surprised when I logged on to buy tickets for a weekend open to get a slot before they're gone in October only to discover that every time slot for Sunday this coming weekend was available. Saturday too.

Bk and I went over Fathers day and my god it was insanity. The exhibit was good but the lines to even get in were unbelievably long even with reservations. Its worth seeing for sure but avoid weekends if you can.

We went a couple weeks ago (on a Sunday) and got into the first available time slot. Not too bad at first, but within 45 minutes, it was packed.

It was a very interesting exhibit. I thought it was amazing how each one of the warriors had unique facial features. I didn't see two that were alike.

Back