Sub Lease - Irvine Company Apts

nonestop

Hello Folks,

I am sure you have talked in past, but i couldn't find related threads, hence the question again.

Has anyone tried to sub-lease their Apt Homes one from the Irvine Company? How is the process and if the Apt Management tried to influence or obstruct the process in any way? I have a lease renewal coming up, i am weighing between renewing for 12 months or month-to-month. Though I am sure month to month option would be extremely higher when it comes to the rent amount. 6 month lease would be ideal but they dont offer, hence i am inclined towards this approach.

Please share your thoughts or suggest ways to get this going. Thanks so much!

nonestop said:
Hello Folks,

I am sure you have talked in past, but i couldn't find related threads, hence the question again.

Has anyone tried to sub-lease their Apt Homes one from the Irvine Company? How is the process and if the Apt Management tried to influence or obstruct the process in any way? I have a lease renewal coming up, i am weighing between renewing for 12 months or month-to-month. Though I am sure month to month option would be extremely higher when it comes to the rent amount. 6 month lease would be ideal but they dont offer, hence i am inclined towards this approach.

Please share your thoughts or suggest ways to get this going. Thanks so much!
Don't go month-to-month.  Sign the 12-month extension and then when you have to move find someone on Craigslist that is willing to assume your lease.  You will have to provide a cash incentive for them (the lower the rent the less the incentive will need to be).  Then just go in with the person to the leasing office and have them approved to get put on your lease and then you'll be taken off within 30-days with no pre-payment penalty. 

Thanks for your response...!

would the leasing office fine adding people to the lease? I haven't done that so i ask this questions. Also, if add the new person remove myself from the lease. Would i be out of all the liabilities with the apartment? What about the deposit? Should i negotiate this with the new tenant upfront? And above all i presume I need not let the management know about it.?? Sorry for dump questions, i am just trying to get this straight. Thanks a ton, much appreciated.

nonestop said:
Thanks for your response...!

would the leasing office fine adding people to the lease? I haven't done that so i ask this questions. Also, if add the new person remove myself from the lease. Would i be out of all the liabilities with the apartment? What about the deposit? Should i negotiate this with the new tenant upfront? And above all i presume I need not let the management know about it.?? Sorry for dump questions, i am just trying to get this straight. Thanks a ton, much appreciated.
I told the leasing office that it was a good friend.  I had the person pay the next month's rent and then I gave them the check for the incentive to take over my lease.  We agreed to split the security deposit so I reduced the incentive by $150 (so negotiate that up front). 

Back