short sale duplex in newport beach

[quote author="gray4gray" date=1252986165]http://www.redfin.com/CA/Newport-Beach/4508-W-Balboa-Blvd-92663/home/4575190

What do you guys think of this one? Seems reasonable for a large duplex on newport penninsula. Live in one and rent out the other?

Thanks for your input.</blockquote>

Over priced. Unless you've done renovations before, you might be underestimating what a PIA and expense this will be.

That ceiling needs to be replaced. If that water damage is from a roof that needs repair, ouch. If that water damage is from a bathroom that needs repair, OMFG ouch.

In nominal terms, the ss listing price is early 2003 pricing, which isn't bad for the area. However, if it does need some signficant work (looks like aesthetics were attended to, but not major things) you would want to factor that in. Could you even get it at SS listing price?

Ok, this is in Newport Beach, but do you really want to live "BEHIND THE STRIP MALL (JACK N BOX ETC)"? I have a friend who used to live next to a Jack in the Box in Belmont Shores and if they had their windows open at night they could hear the drunk people ordering jumbo jacks in the drive through....

[quote author="Chuck" date=1253058929]Ok, this is in Newport Beach, but do you really want to live "BEHIND THE STRIP MALL (JACK N BOX ETC)"? I have a friend who used to live next to a Jack in the Box in Belmont Shores and if they had their windows open at night they could hear the drunk people ordering jumbo jacks in the drive through....</blockquote>

Don't worry, you'll have two liquor stores and a bar to drown out the noise of jack n box.

[quote author="Chuck" date=1253058929]Ok, this is in Newport Beach, but do you really want to live "BEHIND THE STRIP MALL (JACK N BOX ETC)"? I have a friend who used to live next to a Jack in the Box in Belmont Shores and if they had their windows open at night they could hear the drunk people ordering jumbo jacks in the drive through....</blockquote>

Hey, That was probably me!!

[quote author="morekaos" date=1253066856][quote author="Chuck" date=1253058929]Ok, this is in Newport Beach, but do you really want to live "BEHIND THE STRIP MALL (JACK N BOX ETC)"? I have a friend who used to live next to a Jack in the Box in Belmont Shores and if they had their windows open at night they could hear the drunk people ordering jumbo jacks in the drive through....</blockquote>

Hey, That was probably me!!</blockquote>
It would have been me if it was the Spicy Crispy Chicken sandwich since I lived off Altantic and Ocean for a year or so.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1253079099][quote author="morekaos" date=1253066856][quote author="Chuck" date=1253058929]Ok, this is in Newport Beach, but do you really want to live "BEHIND THE STRIP MALL (JACK N BOX ETC)"? I have a friend who used to live next to a Jack in the Box in Belmont Shores and if they had their windows open at night they could hear the drunk people ordering jumbo jacks in the drive through....</blockquote>

It would have been me if it was the Spicy Crispy Chicken sandwich since I lived off Altantic and Ocean for a year or so.</blockquote>

Atlantic and PCH ? or Atlantic and 2nd St ? along the rail track.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1253084905][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1253079099][quote author="morekaos" date=1253066856][quote author="Chuck" date=1253058929]Ok, this is in Newport Beach, but do you really want to live "BEHIND THE STRIP MALL (JACK N BOX ETC)"? I have a friend who used to live next to a Jack in the Box in Belmont Shores and if they had their windows open at night they could hear the drunk people ordering jumbo jacks in the drive through....</blockquote>

It would have been me if it was the Spicy Crispy Chicken sandwich since I lived off Altantic and Ocean for a year or so.</blockquote>

Atlantic and PCH ? or Atlantic and 2nd St ? along the rail track.</blockquote>
Atlantic and Ocean Blvd on the southern edge of downtown Long Beach right near The Pike.

does it come with any garage space/parking? Parking is a PITA down there. Also, that looks close to where party row is - you know - the college kids live 6 to a unit during the winter and you have weekly rentals all summer long.

Parking and quality of life can be severely impacted. Anyone know what the current rent rates are for a summer/winter rental now?

[quote author="NoWowway" date=1253086828]does it come with any garage space/parking? Parking is a PITA down there. Also, that looks close to where party row is - you know - the college kids live 6 to a unit during the winter and you have weekly rentals all summer long.

Parking and quality of life can be severely impacted. Anyone know what the current rent rates are for a summer/winter rental now?</blockquote>

It isn't close to party row, it is on party row, right behind party row supply HQ North (Albertsons being party row supply HQ South). That Circle K, Jack in the Box, Liquor store, and Chronic Tacos are magnets for the party crowd.

I lived two doors down from this place 82-93 during my 20's, Loved it. Our street was a family,

old ,young, single, and families everyone got along and had fun.

A beautiful girl from Massachusetts moved in down stairs from me, and six years later she became my wife.

That street may seem dumpy, but in reality its the best location. In and off the peninsula in a zip; Also the street is separated by Balboa from the much noisier party zone across the street.

One more thing, a story about this short sale. When I lived on the street the place was owned by a nice older Asian widower; he had two hard rocken skate boarding teen sons. The place was in perfect condition, he was all about the maintained. He also owned the burger place down in Newport shores on coast highway.

Anyways, on with the story. around 87-88 he met a woman and was married ( I could tell he was a lonely guy). The women was a tall big tited red head she flashy and attractive. she was every thing he was not. sadly, she cleaned him out. He was forced into bankruptcy and lost both properties

A riddle...

Q: What is the difference between a Newport Beach gold digger and a Newport Beach wife?

A: Five years and a wedding ring.

[quote author="gray4gray" date=1256089449]Does anyone know if this duplex has sold yet?</blockquote>

The Redfin listing says "Backup Offers Accepted", which means an offer is sitting on some bank executive's desk in a pile of offers for seven hundred other short sale properties.

Back