Shea Homes Yorba Linda

YLgirl

Has anybody gone to see these model homes? I tried to go the other day and I was turned away. Priority list is full and if you haven?t been offered a house, you can?t even look at the models?

Single level 4K sqft home and new with gated community. Looks like there are less than 25 homes in that community as well.

IP should take note

sleepy5136 said:
Single level 4K sqft home and new with gated community. Looks like there are less than 25 homes in that community as well.

IP should take note

IP cares more about pumping out profit/product. The closest we got to this was the vistas in OH, but IP will never develop something like this. In a perfect world, these are the types of homes that would be in OH 4, but IP doesn't care about true luxury estate living IMO.

The weird thing is I get trying to cram the most lots into a parcel... but even with a small lot, you can design the homes to be functional and have more desired features. It seems like their designs are so inefficient... I've lived in smaller homes with more useful space than some of these 3k size homes.

irviniteeee said:
sleepy5136 said:

IP should take note

IP cares more about pumping out profit/product. The closest we got to this was the vistas in OH, but IP will never develop something like this. In a perfect world, these are the types of homes that would be in OH 4, but IP doesn't care about true luxury estate living IMO.
Problem has a lot to do with their target buyers not caring and demanding more. IP will do what their target buyers want. These lots are 14k sqft avg.

irvinehomeowner said:
The weird thing is I get trying to cram the most lots into a parcel... but even with a small lot, you can design the homes to be functional and have more desired features. It seems like their designs are so inefficient... I've lived in smaller homes with more useful space than some of these 3k size homes.

You would love Plan 2.

2 car garage 1
2 car garage 2

;D

irvinehomeowner said:

I agree with this 100%. I would actually even argue that IP's smaller plans are much more efficient than their large ones. Sometimes their smaller homes just have a better overall feel.

I wish we could get something like this Shea project in OH 4 though. I can already feel that the homes are going to be an underwhelming clone of something they've already done.

It's a real shame too because before OH was built it was always supposed to be the Turtle Ridge of North Irvine. I even remember people thinking it was going to be the Bel Air of Irvine LOL..... The Groves had a good variety of plans, but as time has gone on and IP has taken over....I feel like the other parts of OH have been great land with bad homes. OH 4 has a great layout per the map, but I already know the homes will be meh...

irviniteeee said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I agree with this 100%. I would actually even argue that IP's smaller plans are much more efficient than their large ones. Sometimes their smaller homes just have a better overall feel.

I wish we could get something like this Shea project in OH 4 though. I can already feel that the homes are going to be an underwhelming clone of something they've already done.

It's a real shame too because before OH was built it was always supposed to be the Turtle Ridge of North Irvine. I even remember people thinking it was going to be the Bel Air of Irvine LOL..... The Groves had a good variety of plans, but as time has gone on and IP has taken over....I feel like the other parts of OH have been great land with bad homes. OH 4 has a great layout per the map, but I already know the homes will be meh...

Cielo is an inferior version of Ravello, but with superior high ceiling. I feel that OH 4 will be an inferior version of Cielo.

That's just how IP rolls.  ;D

Back in Hawaii, locals would complain how people from the mainland would go to Hawaii to scope up real estate. I use to wonder why. Then I realized that taxes are 0.35% as a primary residence + no HOA for majority of SFH zoned homes. Lots average 6k+ generally unless you find some home that split their land before.

If I?m spending 2.5m+ on a home, I?d rather retire in Hawaii and buy a fixer upper for 1.5m and throw another 1.5m and rebuild. 3m in with 0.35% taxes is wayy cheaper than anything you can get in OC/Bay Area. Plus, I am always 5mins from the beach :)

irviniteeee said:
irvinehomeowner said:

These homes if in OH would be going for 6m+. I bet these homes would sell so fast despite the price point. 14k average lot size is insane. I think North Irvine probably has less than 100 lots with 14k sqft? Maybe I?m wrong.

sleepy5136 said:
Back in Hawaii, locals would complain how people from the mainland would go to Hawaii to scope up real estate. I use to wonder why. Then I realized that taxes are 0.35% as a primary residence + no HOA for majority of SFH zoned homes. Lots average 6k+ generally unless you find some home that split their land before.

If I?m spending 2.5m+ on a home, I?d rather retire in Hawaii and buy a fixer upper for 1.5m and throw another 1.5m and rebuild. 3m in with 0.35% taxes is wayy cheaper than anything you can get in OC/Bay Area. Plus, I am always 5mins from the beach :)

That's why, in IHO's "Anywhere But California" topic, I chose to retire in Hawaii.

CalBears96 said:
irviniteeee said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Cielo is an inferior version of Ravello, but with superior high ceiling. I feel that OH 4 will be an inferior version of Cielo.

That's just how IP rolls.  ;D

one of the biggest gripe i have with all these new construction is how inferior and tiny the garage is, 3k+ used to just about guarantee 3 car garage (not necessarily 3cwg), could be 2+1, could be 2 wide and a tandem, then the tandem shrunk into a 'flex' space, now it's gone completely.  barely and space on the sides as well, so it's not like you can have cabinets installed

I used to live next door in Placentia, went to Kramer Jr. High in 7th grade.  If you're looking to purchase a home there, I'd suggest extending your search to North Placentia and Brea areas.  Plenty of SFR's with decent sized garage + driveway, both old and newish models built since 2000.  This one was built in 2002, has 3 car garage + 3 car driveway with only $85/mo HOA:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Placentia/508-Brady-Cir-92870/home/5851579

If you buy in Yorba Linda I would avoid areas with limited access roads.  My cousin used to live up there and, when they had a wild fire incident it was a pain to move stuff out and evacuate.

Back