Screen Door for an existing track? (Irvine Pacific Home)

yanger312

Hello!

I'm hoping someone here has had some experience with this. I purchased a home from Irvine Pacific and the sliding door has an extra track on the inside (which I assumed would have been used for a screen door). I called around and it sounds like no screen door can use that track. Anyone know... what its for?

By calling around I mean I called Mobile Screen Service and they couldn't use it.
Builder recommended Beachside Doors but they aren't responding, but I wonder if they could make use of it instead of installing a completely new track external to my house for the screen doors.

Any insight is welcome and definitely appreciated.

yanger312 said:
Hello!

I'm hoping someone here has had some experience with this. I purchased a home from Irvine Pacific and the sliding door has an extra track on the inside (which I assumed would have been used for a screen door). I called around and it sounds like no screen door can use that track. Anyone know... what its for?

By calling around I mean I called Mobile Screen Service and they couldn't use it.
Builder recommended Beachside Doors but they aren't responding, but I wonder if they could make use of it instead of installing a completely new track external to my house for the screen doors.

Any insight is welcome and definitely appreciated.

Contrsuction manager @Fresco recommended a vendor. I forgot the name. Let me try to ask him. I am interested too. My IP home has 2 sliding doors with inside track. I currently have Hunter Douglas roller shades on both but there should be enough space in between for screendoors.

Update:
I called customer care and asked, they are supposed to get back to me.

@marmott. Thats a fantastic idea. I think my windows are western windows systems stacking sliders as well... I think. The top of the frame says Series 600 TB MS Stacking Doors and when I google that, the first link is western windows systems.

yanger312 said:
Update:
I called customer care and asked, they are supposed to get back to me.

@marmott. Thats a fantastic idea. I think my windows are western windows systems stacking sliders as well... I think. The top of the frame says Series 600 TB MS Stacking Doors and when I google that, the first link is western windows systems.

It is a Western windows system. There is a metal sticker at the lock with the name.

My 2 doors have the same Series 600 but one door is bigger than the other. Not sure how that model number works  8)

Updates:

Irvine Pacific has responded with:
They are for screen/shades. They are not for a specific type and are meant to be standard. (Not sure about the standard part)
They also proceeded to recommend Beachside Doors which won't pick up the phone.

Mobile Screen Company has replied with:
There is only one product that works on these sliding doors:https://briousa.com/blog/products/screen-solutions/brio-612-retractable-pleated-insect-screen/

Classic Home Improvements (The vendor that does the french door screens) has replied with:
They have to do a two sided retractable because they do not carry Centor anymore which can do it. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/525162006558255259/

I am still awaiting updates from a couple other vendors. But everyone thus far is saying something different.
Thus far, options are Brio and Centor.
Centor does look really sleek.

Further Updates:

I have called The Folding Door Store and they knew my situation before I started explaining. They said the only thing that fits is the Brio screen if you want it in that track.

So now there is confirmation from 2 companies that its the Brio Screen + Confirmation from BeachSide doors' instagram (The Recommended Vendor for Irvine Pacific). Looks like I'm getting a Brio Screen.

yanger312 said:
Further Updates:

I have called The Folding Door Store and they knew my situation before I started explaining. They said the only thing that fits is the Brio screen if you want it in that track.

So now there is confirmation from 2 companies that its the Brio Screen + Confirmation from BeachSide doors' instagram (The Recommended Vendor for Irvine Pacific). Looks like I'm getting a Brio Screen.

Thanks for the update. Let me know how it goes in term of vendor and product. I plan to do the same thing for my 2 sliding doors.

More Updates.

So Brio isn't a great product it seems like. Its not reparable really and its not attached at the top and bottom. So the complaint is that it can be blown out and can be ripped out if a pet doesn't realize it exists and runs through it. At that point, the only fix is to buy a completely new Brio. So from the sounds of it, this isn't a very durable screen. However after confirmation from Walker Windows (the installer) who reached out and asked Western Windows Brio is the only Screen gauranteed to work in that track.

So I'm starting to lean No Brio in favor of an outside mount of a better screen system. I'll just pretend that track doesn't exist. This leads to other questions:

Do outdoor mounts need HOA approval?
Do outdoor mounts void any type of warranty?

More Updates.

My Parameters:
1. The bottom track be seemless (relatively)
2. I be able to open the screen door from the inside (without having to walk outside)
3. I want a durable screen door.

Brio: Not a durable screen door. Easily broken and cannot be repaired, requires a full repurchase and reinstallation. This is what that track is built for. (Why did Irvine Pacific Put in this track??!?!?!? ughhghghghg)

Vista View: Outside mount so you don't have the ability to open the screen from the inside. You can only install it on the end of the fixed panel so if you had 2 sliding 1 fixed, that fixed panel won't be covered by a screen. Its also not hidden and bulges a little. This can't be mounted flush to the wall because the stucco flares out at the bottom (Supposedly this is the same for all houses).

Motorized: Its slow and it overheats. Can't be installed in my situation because I have a corner piece that caves in. If that corner where the two sliding doors meet were a regular column, motorized would work as they could put a track along that column for the screen to pull downwards. But thats not the case right now... T_T.

Horizon: Has a low profile bottom track but is not meant for a face mount. Thus far, this is the only solution that could possibly work in my specific case.

I am reaching out to a couple vendors that may be able to do the inside Horizon installation. At this point I just want confirmation someone can do it. Will throw money at the vendor that can gaurantee they can do it and have it look clean.

Op, so what screen door did you end up getting? I am starting to look into getting screen door for my sliding doors & need recommendation. Thx

I ended up doing the Brio. Even though the product isn't the best, this was the easiest solution and I was just tired of searching.

Back