Retail Openings and Closures

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
Palette Dim Sum coming to Market Place (old Wokcano location on Jamboree).

"Founded by the Koi Palace and Palette Tea House group of the Bay Area, Palette Dim Sum is the very first expansion of the Palette brand into Southern California"

I've been to Koi Palace in Daly City as well as Palette in Ghiradelli Square. It's on the pricey side and I'm not exactly excited to go, but definitely an improvement over Wokcano and nice to have more options.

Pickup Stix location already has a new tenant… Handel’s Ice Cream.
My Irvine spy network has informed me that Handel's is now open and that the Handel's in the Marketplace has moved (due to the construction of that area?).

Other businesses in that Marketplace area have closed (not sure if temporary or permanent).

My Irvine spy network has informed me that Handel's is now open and that the Handel's in the Marketplace has moved (due to the construction of that area?).

Other businesses in that Marketplace area have closed (not sure if temporary or permanent).

Pieology at Marketplace closed. No love lost. Post pandemic quality was bad.

Spent a while reading the beginning of this thread. Crazy how things have changed since 2011. I don't even remember 90% of what I posted.

Miss some of the regulars that used to be here, helped expand the coverage of openings, closures and quality.

From what I can tell... banks are immortal.

Jack in the Box at UCI center has closed after who knows how many years...it's been there so long that I can't even remember what it was before.

Romano's Macaroni Grill at The Market Place randomly closed and is becoming Corner Bakery.

A rice ball place, Tenori, opened up at University Town Center a few weeks ago.

We’ve been there a few times and it’s pretty good. It is almost always empty when we’ve been so I hope things pick up for them when UCI is starts up again after the summer.

Jack in the Box at UCI center has closed after who knows how many years...it's been there so long that I can't even remember what it was before.

Romano's Macaroni Grill at The Market Place randomly closed and is becoming Corner Bakery.
I don’t think that it was anything else. I think it was built at that location as a Jack in the Box.

I don’t think that it was anything else. I think it was built at that location as a Jack in the Box.
Makes sense. I think Spoons was where Taco Bell is if I remember correctly and then they built the taco bell from the ground up like Jack in the Box.

It was KFC before Taco Bell.

Didn't realize they closed the gelato place at the Spectrum, to be replaced by... another gelato place (Baci something like the on at Fashion Island).

A rice ball place, Tenori, opened up at University Town Center a few weeks ago.

We’ve been there a few times and it’s pretty good. It is almost always empty when we’ve been so I hope things pick up for them when UCI is starts up again after the summer.

I liked Tenori at Hangar 24, glad to know it's here in Irvine as well. It's not fancy food but everyone in our family seems to like it.

I just had everspring and the string beans were horrible. Half the beans were extremely old, stringy and chewy. Bascially unedible. The other half was slightly better, but all of it was overcooked. I just can't believe they didn't throw away the batch of old string beans and that they would actually serve it. Maybe they thought if they overcooked it, I wouldn't notice?

Back