Restaurant Review - The Winery

Thanks for the review, been wondering about the place, especially since it's called the "winery".

I hate it when I read food reviews at night, it makes me hungry.. all that's left in my frig is some Sam Woo duck. I'm always guilty of making myself hungry when I read and follow <a href="http://elmomonster.blogspot.com/">Elmo Monster's</a> foodie blog. Of course, I end up reading it at 11:50pm making me head downstairs to grab a snack, that somehow never seems to be adequate.

<p>Service seems to always sucks when a reataurant opens here in OC. I don't get that. Is it difficult to find properly trained staff? Do the owner/s and chef not care about service? Have they ever ate at a restaurant in NYC where it is hard to find poorly trained staff let alone bad service? If you reached over to poor water at a table in NYC you might end up with a knife in your back if the Chef caught you. Do they think that the general population of OC is use to sub-standards and not know any better? I know I am being critical but just when I think OC is starting to grow up and be a true metro area I read something like this. </p>

<p>Maybe they just hired a bunch of RE agents who needed to make some extra cash while they wait for the fence sitters to jump.</p>

<p>Oh well Marche Moderne still remains on the top of my list then. </p>

We gave this Joint a try last night, It reminded me of Mastro's in Newport Beach in a way...

I had the Halibut with Clams, it was ok I guess...we did manage to chug a few glasses of wine down...

For 6 of us the Bill came to $475 (excluding tip) including the drinks we'd had at the Bar...the service was iffy, the place was packed, we had to wait 30 minutes for a Table...I wouldn't really recommend it. Not much of a Critic am I !!

<p>at Fasion Island...www.roysrestaurant.com...same price point with Winery as you described...they have consistent food...nice bar crowd...they even have kids meal...</p>

Oh, Roys, I love Roys! It's absolutely delicious - Asian/California fusion I think? Place is full of snooty yuppies but ignore all that and just savor the food. Yum!

Back