Rental Listing

bearman81

Not sure if it "allowed" but im sure someone will "educate" me if not.  Just be nice about it!  :D

As I briefly mentioned in a previous post, after 3+ years of lurking on IHB and here, and with a lot of advice/info from great folks like SGIP and IrvineRealtor, not to mention major patience from USCTrojanCPA as our agent (thanks dude!), we finally made the plunge and found a home in West Park.  Not the perfect house, but a decent house not at a WTF price that fits the needs of our growing family now and in the foreseeable future...which was our goal years ago.  And Irvinehomeowner it has a 3CWG!  I'll post more details about our "journey" later when things get more settled.

Which leaves me to the main point of my post.  We are listing our Townhome for rent.  Its a 3 bed / 3 bath with 1,354 sq/ft.  It is located near UCI.  Its nicely updated and includes main floor bedroom plus shower downstairs; two Master suites each with own private full bathroom upstairs.  Sliding glass doors in living room and dining area leading to large wrap-around patio with privacy (no neighbors behind, above or below).  Direct access to attached garage and carport (sorry Irvinehomeowner, not a 3CWG).  Indoor laundry room with washer and dryer included.

IrvineRealtor's latest info for our model has rent around $2350/mth.  If we get some folks quick, I think we would settle for $2300/mth.  Please PM me if anyone knows folks that may be interested or have any questions.  Thanks!

I dunno if its allowed either but I also don't think you're gonna get very many views from relevant people through here.   

What WOULD be awesome is you can post it on CL and then let us help you sort through the responses and come up with ridiculous critiques of why we are NEARLY certain that person number 1 had 8 dogs that he's lying about and person number 2 is obviously a semi-professional dominatrix and you'll never get the blood stains out.  Please?

Some stuff you should add to your advertisement though - how much is the depost, how long of a lease do you want to offer (or if its month to month), if you'll allow pets, what kind, how many, and what kind of maintenance you will and won't pay for -- are you going to hire a gardener (if thats relevant), or do you expect the home owners to maintain that? 

Thanks Talyssa!

Only wish we could have such details right?  On second thought, maybe not...may be TMI.

I would certainly offer the details you mentioned on a true CL post but wanted to keep it brief here and allow folks that may be interested to just PM me.  But since you asked:

1.  Usual 1 month deposit
2.  1 year lease preferred
3.  Prefer only 1 small pet
4.  Mostly hard-scape backyard so not much to worry about in back.  Otherstuff, the association handles

Thanks for your feedback!

Yeah... definitely CraigsList... but not in the "censored" area.

Or you could MLS list it if you are willing to take the commission hit from an agent.

Or hire a property manager to list and find tenants (and do the monthly maintenance).

If we ever become landlords again... I will probably consider the last option since I've done the other two.

nijiaturtle said:
Does anyone know or what site searching for room rental in Orange County?

Any ideas>>>>>>> :) :-X

orangecounty.craigslist.org

seems like going rate is $700-1000 per room in tustin/irvine

bearman81 said:
As I briefly mentioned in a previous post, after 3+ years of lurking on IHB and here, and with a lot of advice/info from great folks like SGIP and IrvineRealtor, not to mention major patience from USCTrojanCPA as our agent (thanks dude!), we finally made the plunge and found a home in West Park.  Not the perfect house, but a decent house not at a WTF price that fits the needs of our growing family now and in the foreseeable future...which was our goal years ago.  And Irvinehomeowner it has a 3CWG! I'll post more details about our "journey" later when things get more settled.
Well, since this thread got zombified... we never got that story from you bearman.

Back