Rams back to LA and maybe Chargers?

irvinehomeowner

I'm surprised bones hasn't posted this.

So what do you guys think? I probably prefer the Rams over the Raiders but having the Chargers as a second team is weird.

I feel bad for Carson, I think they could probably have a better stadium and their location is closer to Orange County.

Looks like the Coliseum is the leading candidate for a temporary stadium until the Inglewood site is built in 2019. I didn't realize that the Anaheim stadium was so small compared to other NFL stadiums.

I still think there should be an Orange County NFL team.

Was there ever a doubt kroenke would win? I think I (quickly) saw/read somewhere that he had to put $1B+ in escrow for the stadium project??  You can't even do that after winning the biggest lottery jackpot in history.

As for which team, who cares.  Sure, LA can use a football team but there's never going to be a big NFL football culture/fan base here. Too much other shit going on for most to become die hards.

I don't even know the Rams QB, I think it's nick foles.  I can see him lose on my 70inch vs seeing him in person. If the Chargers move up as well ill probably go to the raiders/chargers game wearing some silver and black face paint.

I don't like the Rams but I guess.. they started here.

The Inglewood site just offered a lot more than just the stadium and would offer many amenities for the NFL.  Super bowl, Drafts, Network. 

The Chargers don't have a great following in general.  The Raiders have the biggest fan base of all three.

jmoney74 said:
The Inglewood site just offered a lot more than just the stadium and would offer many amenities for the NFL.  Super bowl, Drafts, Network. 

Except the NFL committe recommended the carson project.  Interesting politicking of old NFL money versus new NFL money. 

bones said:
jmoney74 said:

Except the NFL committe recommended the carson project.  Interesting politicking of old NFL money versus new NFL money.

yeah crazy politics... committee recommends the project. but the end vote is 30-2?  LOL

So will the Chargers be better than the Rams?

Their temp stadium is small, only 30k capacity, but maybe they do t have that many fans. :)

So now we'll only be getting 1 FOX and 1 NBC game every Sunday?  I can't wait until the Rams and Chargers move out of LA!!

Do you think Spanos waited to see how the Rams did and then when they sucked decided that LA could work with 2 teams?

So weird that LA now has 2 of everything.

Back