Question on property

Video #1 is still broken.

But... damn... you put JtR to shame. He only points out the damage from homedebtors, you point out the damage from the businesses of homedebtors. Great job on the video. You really should have signed off with... I'm Deuce the Realtor. Gotta work on your close of the vid.

I'm wondering, has Shevy been in a place like this, and would he have the cojones to even step into a place like this, let alone take some video footage? Yeah... Shevy, I'm calling you out. I have the cajones to step into this place... do you? This is what it takes to be a Realtor for IHB, you need to do the dirty work. Are you really prepared? Time to step up, IR2 and I will hold your hand if you need it. We promise to not let the squatter hit you first.

This is less than half a mile from where I grew up. The houses along Esplanade are mostly crap, and very inferior to the other local stuff on less-major thoroughfares. You may also notice - it's under a landing path for SNA - I think that started in the early-to-mid 90s...although I don't quite remember when.

FWIW - I felt like the video was trying to sell me a grow house rather than a SFR... :D Crazy stuff.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1239379075]Video #1 is still broken.

But... damn... you put JtR to shame. He only points out the damage from homedebtors, you point out the damage from the businesses of homedebtors. Great job on the video. You really should have signed off with... I'm Deuce the Realtor. Gotta work on your close of the vid. </blockquote>

[quote author="No_Such_Reality" date=1239412746]Deuce, appreciate the videos, but just like JtR, put down the camera while driving.</blockquote>

[quote author="freedomCM" date=1239416002]No ice cream truck?</blockquote>

Here's Jim the Realtor's grow house find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U?grn5_E4

I think the video is great for showing the damage and work that was caused by the grow house.

Here's the list of stuff I saw that will have to be dealt with, I'm sure others saw more.

Two bathroom remodels.

Pull a dumpster to clear the non-hazardous trash.

Get safe storage and disposal for the hazardous compounds (3 drop spider poison, etc.)

Wall demolition and reconstruction.

Hydroponic removal

Electrical demo and repair (if not largely rewired)

Sterilize the kitchen

patch the outside walls

flooring

paint

and for an added worry, the place was built in 1964. Asbestos contamination? The prior owners appear to have just ripped holes at will for piping, wires, supports.

[quote author="No_Such_Reality" date=1239498509]I think the video is great for showing the damage and work that was caused by the grow house.

Here's the list of stuff I saw that will have to be dealt with, I'm sure others saw more.

Two bathroom remodels.

Pull a dumpster to clear the non-hazardous trash.

Get safe storage and disposal for the hazardous compounds (3 drop spider poison, etc.)

Wall demolition and reconstruction.

Hydroponic removal

Electrical demo and repair (if not largely rewired)

Sterilize the kitchen

patch the outside walls

flooring

paint

and for an added worry, the place was built in 1964. Asbestos contamination? The prior owners appear to have just ripped holes at will for piping, wires, supports.</blockquote>

It might make more sense to just completely tear the place down and start again. I would think that the value of this house at this point is the land value, no more.

It's not that bad. Definitely not a tear down.

It has no termite damage that is visible, and in a home of this age and lack of care, it is usually very apparent if there is.

Most of the work will be in the electrical and the roof needs to be replaced.

Drywall is cheap, and since a lot of it is missing already, then you save in demo costs.

Most of the holes and patches that need to be done should be easy and cheap.

Some carpet and some paint.

You can remove the trash yourself, big dumpster =$350, medium dumpster =$90, some guys at HD with a truck =$150.

The kitchen needs to be cleaned, but it was the nicest and most normal room in the house.

$150k to fix up, and fix it right. $100k, and you might get by. $200k, and you're paying too much.

[quote author="Strom" date=1239449945]

FWIW - I felt like the video was trying to sell me a grow house rather than a SFR... :D Crazy stuff.</blockquote>

That's what you call a great "income property". ;-P

[quote author="halfnote19" date=1241245618]This house is no longer on redfin. Does anybody know if it sold?</blockquote>

It sold for $415K (listed at $490K) on April 10th (by someone living very close), all cash.

That's $180/sqft, ladies and gents.

-IR2

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1241251649][quote author="halfnote19" date=1241245618]This house is no longer on redfin. Does anybody know if it sold?</blockquote>

It sold for $415K (listed at $490K) on April 10th (by someone living very close), all cash.

That's $180/sqft, ladies and gents.

-IR2</blockquote>

Not a bad deal if my rough, and I mean rough estimate of $150k to fix it up is correct, then that would make a good deal for $555k. I bet it would sell for $599k all fixed up, with possible multiple bids if it was fixed up right.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1238658125]My personal favorite...

http://i39.tinypic.com/kqeli.jpg</blockquote>

Too bad we cannot hand out these pictures at the Trustee auction on 9/28 ... :)

Back