President Barack Obama

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1236647499]The Mrs. and I settled this one before it started. If we had kids, whoever made the least quit working and would stay home.

Which quickly put me in the catbirds seat, but I'm okay with that. That was the deal.</blockquote>

My wife quit her job and stays home. And myself and every guy I know has to weigh how much time to spend working so that he does not take too much time from his family. And so will you.

[quote author="awgee" date=1236648214][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1236647499]The Mrs. and I settled this one before it started. If we had kids, whoever made the least quit working and would stay home.

Which quickly put me in the catbirds seat, but I'm okay with that. That was the deal.</blockquote>

My wife quit her job and stays home. And myself and every guy I know has to weigh how much time to spend working so that he does not take too much time from his family. And so will you.</blockquote>

No I won't. And no, I won't elaborate, nor discuss it further - except to state that isn't a problem I expect to encounter.

And I hear what you are saying loud and clear.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1236653544][quote author="awgee" date=1236648214][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1236647499]The Mrs. and I settled this one before it started. If we had kids, whoever made the least quit working and would stay home.

My wife quit her job and stays home. And myself and every guy I know has to weigh how much time to spend working so that he does not take too much time from his family. And so will you.</blockquote>

No I won't. And no, I won't elaborate, nor discuss it further - except to state that isn't a problem I expect to encounter.

And I hear what you are saying loud and clear.</blockquote>

Ok.

[quote author="Nude" date=1232512866]

Dear Mr. President,

I voted for you. I don't have all the expectations of you that most of your supporters seem to have. I don't share their blind loyalty or unwavering conviction. You are, after all, only a politician... a man with flaws and feet of clay. I can, and will, forgive you for the inevitable mistakes you will make in the coming weeks. But I do need you to do one thing:

<strong>Please, be great.</strong>

I don't mean a great Democrat. I don't mean a great black man. I don't mean a great orator. I don't even mean a great father. We, the country, all of us; we need you to be a great President of the United States. We need you to remain good, to avoid the partisan political battles being waged by idealogues, and do what is best for all of us.

I wish you all the best, Mr. President. Good luck and may God bless America.</blockquote>

Sadly, you seem determined to become a total failure. You have made things more partisan, you have rewarded deception and encouraged further financial irresponsibility, you have made demands of others and then sat back and taken the credit for their work, but worst of all... you lied to us. You didn't want to change the country, you wanted to be elected, and now we are stuck with a constant campaign for whatever program you think will assure your place in history. You have squandered more goodwill than any man alive. You are a great disappointment. I just wanted to say that while I still have a voice.

Back