Pediatrician Recommendation?

Man, I never thought I'd be asking this one!

So the wife is due on July 11th and I was wondering if any of you folks in Irvine is really thrilled with your pediatrician? We have United Healthcare PPO if that makes any difference. We are in the Santa Maria Apts by Culver/Irvine Center.

Thanks!

Congratulations!

Take a look at <a href="http://www.irvinepediatrics.yourmd.com/">Irvine Pediatrics</a>. They are near the Irvine Regional Hospital at Sand Canyon and Alton. I think they see half the kids in Irvine so they can be busy but I would recommend them.

I second that! Dr. Downes is awesome, as are the rest of the docs at Irvine Pediatrics. I never feel dumb asking any questions. Whenever my kids would fuss during check-ups when they were babies, she would sing to them.

They order the thimersol-free flu shots for the kids (even though they lose money on them), so you don't have to specifically ask for them. (I have friends who have to specifically ask their pediatricians for the thimersol-free version, and are made to feel like paranoid idiots for wanting the thimersol-free shots over the regular version).

I wish I could find a primary healthcare physician for myself that I like as much as her.

Back