Parenting in Interracial Families

[quote author="traceimage" date=1258785710]

Haha, RC, I didn't know your wife is white. Cool! We should totally go on a double-date and bring the kids! Imagine the confused stares we would get... :)</blockquote>
Bring BK and CK and you guys will probably make the local news... heh.

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1258715300]I don't think our family fits in anywhere. My husband and I our Caucasian but we have Panamanian and Mexican kids. Surprisingly, the kids at school have never questioned my kids about the race differences in our family. But boy do the parents. Adults are terribly noisy. It saddens me that I have to ask other parents not to integrate my kids about being adopted.</blockquote>

This same thing used to happen to me as a kid. Always got questions from the adults, never the kids. You would think the adults would have better sense. My Mom would get these people off my back by saying that I inherited my "lighter" looks like my blond-blue eyed uncle. That seemed to satisfy them.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1258786076][quote author="traceimage" date=1258785710]

Haha, RC, I didn't know your wife is white. Cool! We should totally go on a double-date and bring the kids! Imagine the confused stares we would get... :)</blockquote>
Bring BK and CK and you guys will probably make the local news... heh.</blockquote>

I am too old to fit your crowd. My daughter will be in High School and I don't have little ones. May be I can fit my tiger balm into your diaper bags.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1258791585][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1258786076][quote author="traceimage" date=1258785710]

Bring BK and CK and you guys will probably make the local news... heh.</blockquote>

I am too old to fit your crowd. My daughter will be in High School and I don't have little ones. May be I can fit my tiger balm into your diaper bags.</blockquote>

Ah, c'mon down to Irvine and party it up with the locals, BK. I've got a great Irvine Friday night planned out for my interracial crew tonight: Old Navy, BJ's Brewhouse for dinner, and Yogurtland for dessert. It's no more *Irvine* than that schedule --- see what you are missing out on? ;)

(once again the non parents are freaking out at what I just typed).

[quote author="CK" date=1258792812][quote author="bkshopr" date=1258791585][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1258786076][quote author="traceimage" date=1258785710]

I am too old to fit your crowd. My daughter will be in High School and I don't have little ones. May be I can fit my tiger balm into your diaper bags.</blockquote>

Ah, c'mon down to Irvine and party it up with the locals, BK. I've got a great Irvine Friday night planned out for my interracial crew tonight: Old Navy, BJ's Brewhouse for dinner, and Yogurtland for dessert. It's no more *Irvine* than that schedule --- see what you are missing out on? ;)

(once again the non parents are freaking out at what I just typed).</blockquote>

That sounds fun! But then, I have a toddler so we can rarely go more than 1 or 2 places per outing.

Back