Orchard Hills plaza

Hi all.

My wife and I live a couple of blocks from the Orchard Hills plaza, so I thought I'd start a topic about the food there. So far we've liked Zov's for breakfast, dinner, dessert, and drinks. I wish it was a little less expensive so we could go there more often. We've been pretty unimpressed with Johnie's New York the few times we've gone there. Ameci's has better, less expensive food, including delivery. La Sirena was pretty good, but the entrees were on the small side. We haven't tried Ayame yet. WineStyles was fun the one time we went there. We both had wine samplers along with a cheese / cracker / fruit plate and enjoyed it. It was a bit amusing that there were a bunch of women in there who looked like they were trying to get cast in the next season on Real Housewives of Orange County :^)

I'm actually looking forward to the McDonald's to be able to pick up a quick/cheap bite to eat. Anyone know when it's supposed to be finished?

Not a restaurant, but still food - I've given up on the Pavilions. I was really looking forward to having a high-end supermarket nearby, but it's been really disappointing, especially since the Albertson's did their renovation. The Albertson's looks nicer, has a bigger selection, better butcher and deli, lower prices, and the self-checkout. Why couldn't we have gotten a Gelson's or Bristol Farms?

David

Thanks for the review. I am curious about the grocery stores... what's wrong with Pavillions (and Albertson's)? I like a full-service store that has a deli, bakery, meat & seafood counter. Do they not? It's been a while since I was at a Pavillions but last time I went I was able to find imported cheese and challah bread that I had trouble finding at other stores. Has the store gone down-hill recently? Do Gelson's and Bristol Farms offer products they don't besides a larger organic selection? Thanks.

Back