OC Assemblyman Mike Duvall caught on a hot mike talking about his affairs...

GraceOMalley_IHB

There is a transcript to go along with his commentary however its so vulgar I didnt want to post it here.

<a href="http://cbs2.com/video/?id=113582@kcbs.dayport.com">Mike Duvall bragging about his extramarital affair(s) with Sacramento Lobbists</a>

"Chapman University awarded Duvall the Ethics in America Award in 2000 for his "demonstration of the highest standards of ethical integrity" while a member of the Chamber team".

Assemblyman Duvall lives in Yorba Linda with his wife Susan. He has two grown children.

I got a feeling his wife is not very happy with hubby.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1252561338]"Chapman University awarded Duvall the Ethics in America Award in 2000 for his "demonstration of the highest standards of ethical integrity" while a member of the Chamber team".

Assemblyman Duvall lives in Yorba Linda with his wife Susan. He has two grown children.

I got a feeling his wife is not very happy with hubby.</blockquote>

I would say not, hes a philandering pig who has a reputation of bragging about his conquests in Sacramento. Furthermore for someone who has based his career on "Family Values" hes also a hypocrite of the highest order.

And the beat goes on; Republicans cheat on their wives, Democrats cheat on their taxes... and their wives.

Here is the Lobbyist in question HEIDI DE JONG BARSUGLIA.

Not bad at all.

Sempra sure knows how to pick a lobbyist.

<a href="http://cal-access.ss.ca.gov/Lobbying/Lobbyists/Detail.aspx?id=1268268&session=2009">http://cal-access.ss.ca.gov/Lobbying/Lobbyists/Detail.aspx?id=1268268&session=2009</a>

[quote author="ss="spellchecked_word">bltserv</SPAN>" date=1252564500]Here is the Lobbyist in question HEIDI DE ss="spellchecked_word">JONG</SPAN> ss="spellchecked_word">BARSUGLIA</SPAN>.

Not bad at all.

ss="spellchecked_word">Sempra</SPAN> sure knows how to pick a lobbyist.

[ss="spellchecked_word">url</SPAN>=ss=spellchecked_word>http</SPAN>://cal-access.ss.ca.gov/Lobbying/Lobbyists/Detail.aspx?id=1268268&session=2009]ss="spellchecked_word">http</SPAN>://cal-access.ss.ca.gov/Lobbying/Lobbyists/Detail.aspx?id=1268268&session=2009[/ss=spellchecked_word>url</SPAN>]</blockquote>

Went through the the first 10 firms trying to find out who the lobbyists are for Irvine. Got tired. Anyone know?

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1252570554][quote author="ss="spellchecked_word">bltserv</SPAN>" date=1252564500]Here is the Lobbyist in question HEIDI DE ss="spellchecked_word">JONG</SPAN> ss="spellchecked_word">BARSUGLIA</SPAN>.

Not bad at all.

ss="spellchecked_word">Sempra</SPAN> sure knows how to pick a lobbyist.

[ss="spellchecked_word">url</SPAN>=ss=spellchecked_word>http</SPAN>://cal-access.ss.ca.gov/Lobbying/Lobbyists/Detail.aspx?id=1268268&session=2009]ss="spellchecked_word">http</SPAN>://cal-access.ss.ca.gov/Lobbying/Lobbyists/Detail.aspx?id=1268268&session=2009[/ss=spellchecked_word>url</SPAN>]</blockquote>

Went through the the first 10 firms trying to find out who the lobbyists are for Irvine. Got tired. Anyone know?</blockquote>

One of them is a lobbyist from Sempra Energy of which he was the head of the committee I believe..

The second one.. I cant remember.

When are we going to learn to separate politics from lifestyle? I guess never. Especially when so many of our politicians run their campaigns as a reflection of their lifestyles. Does anyone really believe any of these people who say they support "family values" (whatever that currently means)? I guess I'd rather hear their political opinions. I don't really need to hear about how they are a "family man" with 2-3 children, blah, blah, blah. I'm sorry, but I could give a rat's a** if a man cheats on his wife, it's just too much a part of what happens, if we like it or not, I don't want to hear about it, I want him (or her) to do his (or her) job. This kind of thing is truly just an American phenomenon. What would happen if our politicians just did their jobs and we didn't have to hear about their personal lives? I don't think the whole system would blow up. The problem is that these guys should understand the system as it is and if they are this unbelievably hypocritical and they can't shut up, they deserve what they get.

[quote author="tmare" date=1252586507]When are we going to learn to separate politics from lifestyle? I guess never. Especially when so many of our politicians run their campaigns as a reflection of their lifestyles. Does anyone really believe any of these people who say they support "family values" (whatever that currently means)? I guess I'd rather hear their political opinions. I don't really need to hear about how they are a "family man" with 2-3 children, blah, blah, blah. I'm sorry, but I could give a rat's a** if a man cheats on his wife, it's just too much a part of what happens, if we like it or not, I don't want to hear about it, I want him (or her) to do his (or her) job. This kind of thing is truly just an American phenomenon. What would happen if our politicians just did their jobs and we didn't have to hear about their personal lives? I don't think the whole system would blow up. The problem is that these guys should understand the system as it is and if they are this unbelievably hypocritical and they can't shut up, they deserve what they get.</blockquote>

While I can understand your frustration with what should be a "private matter", the reality is that these people chose public service as a career. In doing so, they gave up their right to have "private matters" remain private. Let's leave the moral question aside for a moment, and focus on the more practical problems; blackmail, corruption, favoritism. Was he getting sex as part of a lobbying effort, looking to swing key votes? Was the sex part of a set-up to later force him to take a specific policy position? Was he just gettin' lucky with a woman who wanted inside info or was it pay back for past votes? At a basic level, a guy who will cheat on his wife will also cheat on his taxes... on his partners... on his constituents. It shows that he is willing to compromise his integrity for instant gratification, completely ignoring the damage he is doing in the process.

At the very least, it shows incredibly bad judgment, and I certainly don't want anyone with judgment that bad to be in charge of anything to do with government.

[quote author="tmare" date=1252586507]When are we going to learn to separate politics from lifestyle? I guess never. Especially when so many of our politicians run their campaigns as a reflection of their lifestyles. Does anyone really believe any of these people who say they support "family values" (whatever that currently means)? I guess I'd rather hear their political opinions. I don't really need to hear about how they are a "family man" with 2-3 children, blah, blah, blah. I'm sorry, but I could give a rat's a** if a man cheats on his wife, it's just too much a part of what happens, if we like it or not, I don't want to hear about it, I want him (or her) to do his (or her) job. This kind of thing is truly just an American phenomenon. What would happen if our politicians just did their jobs and we didn't have to hear about their personal lives? I don't think the whole system would blow up. The problem is that these guys should understand the system as it is and if they are this unbelievably hypocritical and they can't shut up, they deserve what they get.</blockquote>

I do not under any circumstances believe that what he did was a "private matter" when one of his mistresses is a lobbyist on a committee that he is the head of. Its a conflict of interest at the very least, and selling his vote for sex at the most. Either way, its relevant. Im sorry if you think its not important but I find this type of hypocrisy at the root of why the average person is so wary and cynical about the people we are electing.

This just getting sad, he is just flat out <a href="http://www.latimes.com/news/la-na-duvall11-2009sep11,0,6129151.story">denying </a>the affair all together today, I wonder if that is what he is telling his wife and kids?

reminds me of a scene from the first naked gun movie where leslie nielsen finishes a press conference then he goes to the bathroom, forgetting to take off his mic first. hilarity ensues...

You know since Tmares comments I've been thinking about if it would be possible to separate a public/politician persons private life from their personal life and I just don't think its possible to do. Because cheating on your wife or husband demonstrates a tremendous lack of integrity and honesty, and character. Gossiping about it with other people is very much a young man/teenage boy locker room talk, kind of ego stroking. It also demonstrates that the person doesn't find their actions shameful.

Do I want people who are liars thieves and whores running the state of california? No. But we have become so cynical and used to politicians bad behavior that its either minimized or excused. And then we wonder why the state government is in the toilet.

I think more than anything I wish that politicians would stop basing their campaigns on their "family values" and their supposed morality. I'm not saying that these guys aren't jerks, I definitely wouldn't support them, but a person is much less likely to be called a hypocrite if he didn't campaign and give lip service to his personal life in order to get a job.

Back