Oatmeal cookies

GraceOMalley_IHB

Im a fan of baking. I mean.. I enjoy it, and its something I can do with BK's daughter that gets her full attention. I like to make seasonal cookies, meaning oatmeal in the fall, frosted sugar and or gingerbread in the winter, lemonbars in the summer etc. I love things that make the house smell good.

I also make kick ass banana and pumpkin bread.

Last weekend I made oatmeal cookies for the first time in a long time. I used the Quaker Oats recipe but I skipped the raisins and added dried cranberries and chopped pecans instead.

Im thinking that dried cherries might be even better so I will try that next time. A friend suggested cardomom rather than cinnamon, but Im not sure how that would taste. Anyhow I made them, BKs daughter loved them and took some to school to share with her friends.

Heres the recipe I used.

<a href="http://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/content/recipes/recipe-detail.aspx?recipeId=474">Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies</a>

I wholeheartedly second the cardamom idea, but in addition to - not instead of - the cinnamon. Cardamom is in my top 5 favorite spices. It is interesting because it's used frequently in both Indian and Scandinavian cuisine (two very different things). I guarantee you've already had it and not known it. It is what gives a traditional apple pie its familiar scent. Always used when making any dish with baked apples. Do you hear me? Always.

Back