Noob Hybrid bike?

What and where is a good entry level hybrid bike? I tried the trek 7000 over at Jax on culver, it was a good bike, but I disliked the grip twist shifting. Any other good bike shops in Irvine that have more brands of entry level hybrids?

[quote author="upperlowerclass" date=1241654102]What and where is a good entry level hybrid bike? I tried the trek 7000 over at Jax on culver, it was a good bike, but I disliked the grip twist shifting. Any other good bike shops in Irvine that have more brands of entry level hybrids?</blockquote>

Dont let that stop you. The mechanics at JAX are very good about swapping out parts you may not want for their equivalent. I have purchased 2 mountain bikes from them and they have swaped out 4-5 things on each before I took them home. Often times, they might credit you the difference (if the shifters are less $, for example) or charge you a proportional rate more for the upgrade. They're really good there about making sure you like your bike's setup from the moment you take it out of there. If you run into any resistance, ask to talk to Brent. He will work with you no problem.

Back