Newest Gated Communities

socal78

What are some new or newer (2-3 y.o.) gated communities in the Irvine area? Especially south / east of Irvine.

Nothing new in south / east Irvine other than Los Olivos.

I'm not sure if the Great Park is doing any gated hoods (and not very south).

Thanks. I'm looking outside of Irvine, which is why I chose "OC Real Estate" for this convo. But bordering Irvine might be acceptable. Just don't really want to go into Irvine if possible.

SoCal said:
Thanks. I'm looking outside of Irvine, which is why I chose "OC Real Estate" for this convo. But bordering Irvine might be acceptable. Just don't really want to go into Irvine if possible.

But your original post said "in the Irvine area". :)

I guess "south / east of Irvine" makes sense now.

Not sure if any of the new Lake Forest developments are gated... and there is some new stuff down in SJC (The Farm) but that's way south.

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:

But your original post said "in the Irvine area". :)

I guess "south / east of Irvine" makes sense now.

Not sure if any of the new Lake Forest developments are gated... and there is some new stuff down in SJC (The Farm) but that's way south.

I'm pretty sure The Meadows is not gated. I remember seeing some new developments in Mission Viejo, but I don't think they're gated either.

The Encanto is gated which are somewhat new but not The Meadows new. There are also homes in Portola Hills that are gated as well.

Why gated by the way? We've discussed this ad nauseam on TI before but I'm not a fan of gated communities... although now that I'm hermitting in my elder years, I may want to live in one.

irvinehomeowner said:
Why gated by the way? We've discussed this ad nauseam on TI before but I'm not a fan of gated communities... although now that I'm hermitting in my elder years, I may want to live in one.

Altair community is a pain in the ass. They put the gate on Aquila so close to Irvine Blvd. that sometimes it blocks traffic.

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Altair community is a pain in the ass. They put the gate on Aquila so close to Irvine Blvd. that sometimes it blocks traffic.
That's poor traffic planning by Irvine. It's similar to the horrible gas line in the market place Costco and the horrible traffic issue in diamond jamboree plaza.

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

That's poor traffic planning by Irvine. It's similar to the horrible gas line in the market place Costco and the horrible traffic issue in diamond jamboree plaza.

Yeah, they should put the damn gate further in. And MOST Costco gas stations are horribly planned. The ones in Rowland Heights and Chino Hills are just as bad, if not worse, than the Market Place Costco.

Back