New communities in Portola Springs

Cielo released phase 11. No price increases compared to phase 10. Shea is the only builder not taking advantage of FCBs. :ROFLMAO: All these homes have huge lots compared to Azul and Olivewood, nothing below 5100 sq ft. I'm kind of pissed off because I could have waited for lot 91 with a 6060 sq ft lot. Didn't expect Shea to barely raise prices at all. :(

View attachment 9542
Any reason why they aren't increasing their pricing for Cielo while other builders like the New Home Co. are?

Any reason why they aren't increasing their pricing for Cielo while other builders like the New Home Co. are?
I have no clue, to be honest. They could have easily increased at least $50k from phase 7 to phase 8, but didn't. So far, from phase 7 to phase 11, they've only increased around $50k, and phase 11 releases are much bigger lots too.

Even Cal Pac has increased quite a bit more on Azul. New Home Company is kind of yo-yoing on their prices though. Most newer releases (last two phases) are back to normal prices (mid to high $2Ms), but they still have a couple lots that are crazily priced.

I have no clue, to be honest. They could have easily increased at least $50k from phase 7 to phase 8, but didn't. So far, from phase 7 to phase 11, they've only increased around $50k, and phase 11 releases are much bigger lots too.

Even Cal Pac has increased quite a bit more on Azul. New Home Company is kind of yo-yoing on their prices though. Most newer releases (last two phases) are back to normal prices (mid to high $2Ms), but they still have a couple lots that are crazily priced.
Really strange that they are going in the opposite direction when other builders are increasing their pricing with each new phase release which must be pissing off the Cielo buyers who bought in the earlier phases.

Really strange that they are going in the opposite direction when other builders are increasing their pricing with each new phase release which must be pissing off the Cielo buyers who bought in the earlier phases.
Especially when the interest in Cielo is so overwhelming that Shea had to close the priority list. But I heard that they re-opened their priority list. Not sure if because there are many non-serious buyers?

This is a plan 3, outermost home, so its view is the community center. And it could be pretty loud in the backyard if there are kids playing around in the pool. Other than its lot being quite big, I don't see how it could sell for $4.4M. This one was bought for around $2.6M, being in phase 1 when plan 3 was around $2.5M and view lot premium was only $100k (since there isn't much of a view).

Especially when the interest in Cielo is so overwhelming that Shea had to close the priority list. But I heard that they re-opened their priority list. Not sure if because there are many non-serious buyers?
Maybe they know something we don't. I have heard that the new home builders track home prices and comps in the area they are building in like the stock market before releasing the pricing for their homes.

Maybe they know something we don't. I have heard that the new home builders track home prices and comps in the area they are building in like the stock market before releasing the pricing for their homes.
I’ve mentioned it before but shea isn’t about maximizing profits but rather focus on selling a great product. They did the same for Teresina.

This is a plan 3, outermost home, so its view is the community center. And it could be pretty loud in the backyard if there are kids playing around in the pool. Other than its lot being quite big, I don't see how it could sell for $4.4M. This one was bought for around $2.6M, being in phase 1 when plan 3 was around $2.5M and view lot premium was only $100k (since there isn't much of a view).

The home was purchased for $2,855,000 on 4/6/23.

new to this forum...we are looking at new homes in PS. how do we get on this priority list? do we just go into the sales office and put our name down on one of those registration cards? we are interested in Arbor...

new to this forum...we are looking at new homes in PS. how do we get on this priority list? do we just go into the sales office and put our name down on one of those registration cards? we are interested in Arbor...

Welcome to TalkIrvine. Each builder has their own preferred lender that they want financed buyers to get loan pre-approved with (you do not have to use that lender and can select your own later) to get onto their wait list. For cash buyers, they need to email their proof of funds over to the builder's sales people. It is not when you go there and put your name down. I've had several clients who got loan pre-approved over the phone/email to get onto the list and then we went to go register later on to the sales office.

The builder for Arbor is Shea Homes and I believe that they use US Bank as their preferred lender. Once the builder gets the proof of funds or the loan pre-approval from their preferred lender they'll put you on their wait list. When I went to go register a buyer at Arbor they said they closed their wait list and may re-open it in the future so I would give them a call at 949-776-9290 to see if the wait list is open now. Keep in mind, you can call and email the builder and as long as you go in with your agent to the sales office to register with you your agent will be eligible for the builder new home commission. Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can assist in any way.

Welcome to TalkIrvine. Each builder has their own preferred lender that they want financed buyers to get loan pre-approved with (you do not have to use that lender and can select your own later) to get onto their wait list. For cash buyers, they need to email their proof of funds over to the builder's sales people. It is not when you go there and put your name down. I've had several clients who got loan pre-approved over the phone/email to get onto the list and then we went to go register later on to the sales office.

The builder for Arbor is Shea Homes and I believe that they use US Bank as their preferred lender. Once the builder gets the proof of funds or the loan pre-approval from their preferred lender they'll put you on their wait list. When I went to go register a buyer at Arbor they said they closed their wait list and may re-open it in the future so I would give them a call at 949-776-9290 to see if the wait list is open now. Keep in mind, you can call and email the builder and as long as you go in with your agent to the sales office to register with you your agent will be eligible for the builder new home commission. Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can assist in any way.
hey Mr. Trojan 😁 thanks for the info! yeah we went into their sales office last week. what they said was that their priority list is closed at the moment. they said they would start reaching out to people on the "interest list" when it opens again and people will then need to show pre-approval and fund in their bank to put down deposit and get on the priority list...so we put our name down on a card to get on the "interest list"?

i was hoping someone on the forum would know a trick to get on the priority list somehow :p

hey Mr. Trojan 😁 thanks for the info! yeah we went into their sales office last week. what they said was that their priority list is closed at the moment. they said they would start reaching out to people on the "interest list" when it opens again and people will then need to show pre-approval and fund in their bank to put down deposit and get on the priority list...so we put our name down on a card to get on the "interest list"?

i was hoping someone on the forum would know a trick to get on the priority list somehow :p
Show up to the sales office with a suite case full of cash? And some “pocket change” in an envelope.
Or dress up and act like this guy

Back