Negotiating on New Homes

[quote author="waitin4ever"]Paloma gives about 11K towards upgrade. Was as high as 25K
towards upgrade and 10K towards closing if used their lender.
This was in early summer 2009. Since then not only incentives have gone down the prices have gone up by 25K for same models.

The mello roos (all pieces inclusive) is about 6000 per year.

[quote author="readytobuy"]

i haven't checked portola springs, but from what i remember their mello roos is about 1.8% of the home price?[/quote][/quote]

all sounds great except the part that starts with the 6....i fell off my chair. LOL

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]

well:

1) its the one that we can afford as SFR. Other homes are in the upper 600s and 700s. I can afford max mid 600s but that's pushing it a little.
2) we looked at existing homes and this is actually a little cheaper than what we saw. Like Northwood II detached condo for $600k or 620k for similar house in coronado.

what do you think its the best builder right now in woodbury east? [/quote]
Did you adjust the prices to include Mello Roos and the higher HOA? When you are comparing properties you need to normalize the Mello Roos and HOA between two properties so then you are comparing apples-to-apples when determining the total cost.[/quote]

actually I did. When i was looking at a home in woodbridge with $380 HOA fee, its equivalent to coronado's mello roos plus HOA = $225+ $134= $359 so actually less than woodbridge. Northwood II has 1.5% mello roos rates as well and 100s in HOA so same price. Thats how i made the comparisons.

[quote author="fe9000"]Hello,

Well, when there are many people on the priority list waiting to buy (so they claim, but yes I am one of them). They will not give you any of the these three things you are referring to.[/quote]

i went on sunday and they called me Tuesday. Also from the sales persons' body language and conversations, they seemed a little desperate for us to sign up and buy the home now. I think the number of people that they say are interested is not really right..they have only sold 20 homes out of 100? and they have total of 14 phases? they still have a long way to go. Ffrom what she told me there are 2 units available right now for the plan I like..so i am not feeling the hurry. The only thing is , if we buy now we can get the 8k credit, if we wait longer for the other phases, no credit. thats the only difference to me....

[/quote]

that is too funny! A week after the Grand Opening, and you can just walk right in and buy a house!

[quote author="roundcorners"]

i went on sunday and they called me Tuesday. Also from the sales persons' body language and conversations, they seemed a little desperate for us to sign up and buy the home now. I think the number of people that they say are interested is not really right..they have only sold 20 homes out of 100? and they have total of 14 phases? they still have a long way to go. Ffrom what she told me there are 2 units available right now for the plan I like..so i am not feeling the hurry. The only thing is , if we buy now we can get the 8k credit, if we wait longer for the other phases, no credit. thats the only difference to me....

[/quote]

that is too funny! A week after the Grand Opening, and you can just walk right in and buy a house![/quote]

Coronado is now calling people from as late as mid january registration for plan 3's. so far
21 home released in first 4 phases. all but 2 plan 1's are sold. phase 5 has 6 homes 2 of each plan. 3 are reserved, 2 sold and 1 plan 3 available. this phase makes it about 25% of all their homes planned. a phase or two later the homes may be available on a walk in basis. Except they may not construct for 1 year build up demand and sell 3-4 more phases all at once.

[quote author="waitin4ever"]

that is too funny! A week after the Grand Opening, and you can just walk right in and buy a house![/quote]

Coronado is now calling people from as late as mid january registration for plan 3's. so far
21 home released in first 4 phases. all but 2 plan 1's are sold. phase 5 has 6 homes 2 of each plan. 3 are reserved, 2 sold and 1 plan 3 available. this phase makes it about 25% of all their homes planned. a phase or two later the homes may be available on a walk in basis. Except they may not construct for 1 year build up demand and sell 3-4 more phases all at once.

[/quote]
The lack of non-short sale resale inventory and increasing list prices from equity sellers will keep the buyer traffic flowing over to the new home models at WB & WBE. When we start see inventory piling up and resale inventory prices begin to decline, the builders over at WB & WBE will begin to offer buyer agent co-ops and buyer incentives.

We went over to Sonoma yesterday afternoon, there was only one sales lady; she literally did not know anything; I was asking basic questions; such as what is TIC going to do with the rest of the land (south of Regal) when all the projected Sonoma homes are build out; she couldn't even figure out where Sonoma was in relation to the overall WB map.

It's funny how they release three homes and call it a phase; but I think they are on phase 4; I really wanted to hear it from the sales lady's mouth. I pressed her; so, let's say I pre-qualified today, what is the chance I can buy a Sonoma house; even she said; you have a great chance.

[/quote]

i would be interested in the later phases. Right now i just want to see how they sell and how the market will play out....i am especulating some price drops later this year...i remember the agent asked me when I want to move in....so my guess is we can always "reserve" a later phase if we put down a deposit....

[/quote]

i would be interested in the later phases. Right now i just want to see how they sell and how the market will play out....i am especulating some price drops later this year...i remember the agent asked me when I want to move in....so my guess is we can always "reserve" a later phase if we put down a deposit....

[/quote]

I just received my weekly call from the sales office. I wasn't able to pick up the phone, but she did tell me in my vmail that plan 2 has been raised to $629K. It looks like they may be raising the price 5K per phase. Phase 1/2 was 619K, phase 3/4 was 624K and now phase 5/6 is 629K. I don't know how long they can keep this up, but at least they're not raising it by 20K like Montecito...

I've never been big on the master downstairs, other bedroom upstairs floorplan. Can someone enlighten me on how this is a good design if you have small children?

[quote author="akim997"]I've never been big on the master downstairs, other bedroom upstairs floorplan. Can someone enlighten me on how this is a good design if you have small children?[/quote]

i think old people love it.. haha... yea this was our concern too initially, as we still aren't sure how to handle the baby when it arrives. If my mother-in-law moves in to help for a little bit, having her upstairs away from us is a plus.

Since we're planning on staying here for a while, I think my wife and I will like having the living space on the first floor to ourselves while the kids have the upstairs. I understand this is a long ways from now, but we felt plan 2 offered more for the price when we first looked at the model (we were originally targeting plan 1 to buy).

Not all consumers have small children so pick the other 18 floor plans with all bedrooms up.

This plan is for the empty nesters and older kids. the point is to target the lowest price point for the move down buyers anticipating retirement soon.

This plan has potential but the development screwed it up by having the voyeuristic master bedroom being too exposed to the kitchen and dining. One can see the pillow from the kitchen sink.

I think this plan has merit but unfortunately did not get executed properly.

This is definitely a Panther Palace floor plan.

[quote author="graceomalley"]
This plan has potential but the development screwed it up by having the voyeuristic master bedroom being too exposed to the kitchen and dining. [/quote]

Voyeruristic came to mind for me as I walked through Plan 2 Coronado as well, but my thought was about the voyeurs from the motorcourt....there will be cars driving inches from the MBR. Can you imagine living in a Plan 3 and leaving for work early one morning --- and lets say IHO is your Plan 2 neighbor. How would you like to be driving by as IHO rolls out of bed, and have that be the first vision to start your day?

Also, the upstairs bedrooms felt REALLY small. But maybe that's because I was there on opening weekend, and there were about 50 people in the bedroom...But I like really like the Plan 2 open floorplan downstairs, with exception of the MBR.

[quote author="ck"]
Voyeruristic came to mind for me as I walked through Plan 2 Coronado as well, but my thought was about the voyeurs from the motorcourt....there will be cars driving inches from the MBR. Can you imagine living in a Plan 3 and leaving for work early one morning --- and lets say IHO is your Plan 2 neighbor. How would you like to be driving by as IHO rolls out of bed, and have that be the first vision to start your day?
[/quote]
That, my friend, is what you call a VIEW lot!

That's like a $20k premium... my neighbors thank me daily on how I've raised the values of their homes.

[quote author="scubasteve"]

I just received my weekly call from the sales office. I wasn't able to pick up the phone, but she did tell me in my vmail that plan 2 has been raised to $629K. It looks like they may be raising the price 5K per phase. Phase 1/2 was 619K, phase 3/4 was 624K and now phase 5/6 is 629K. I don't know how long they can keep this up, but at least they're not raising it by 20K like Montecito...[/quote]
wow seriously? i want to know why they have to call you to you that they raised the price when you already have signed the contract. I guess to secure you that you did the right thing and dont want you to back out

[quote author="akim997"]I've never been big on the master downstairs, other bedroom upstairs floorplan. Can someone enlighten me on how this is a good design if you have small children?[/quote]

i think old people love it.. haha... yea this was our concern too initially, as we still aren't sure how to handle the baby when it arrives. If my mother-in-law moves in to help for a little bit, having her upstairs away from us is a plus.

Since we're planning on staying here for a while, I think my wife and I will like having the living space on the first floor to ourselves while the kids have the upstairs. I understand this is a long ways from now, but we felt plan 2 offered more for the price when we first looked at the model (we were originally targeting plan 1 to buy).[/quote]

maybe when your MIL comes you will let her use the master bedroom and you will move upstairs instead! then when kids are older you move back down....LOL <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
[quote author="ck"]
[/quote]

That's like a $20k premium... my neighbors thank me daily on how I've raised the values of their homes.[/quote]

Your previous neighbors were Stevie, Ray and Andrea before they lost their sight.

Since we're planning on staying here for a while, I think my wife and I will like having the living space on the first floor to ourselves while the kids have the upstairs. I understand this is a long ways from now, but we felt plan 2 offered more for the price when we first looked at the model (we were originally targeting plan 1 to buy).[/quote]

maybe when your MIL comes you will let her use the master bedroom and you will move upstairs instead! then when kids are older you move back down....LOL <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->[/quote]

Good thing you left out an "F" after MIL.

I just received my weekly call from the sales office. I wasn't able to pick up the phone, but she did tell me in my vmail that plan 2 has been raised to $629K. It looks like they may be raising the price 5K per phase. Phase 1/2 was 619K, phase 3/4 was 624K and now phase 5/6 is 629K. I don't know how long they can keep this up, but at least they're not raising it by 20K like Montecito...[/quote]
wow seriously? i want to know why they have to call you to you that they raised the price when you already have signed the contract. I guess to secure you that you did the right thing and dont want you to back out[/quote]

@R2B

I think that's part of the reason and also there was probably no news for this week! I think I will be keeping my MR still!

@GO'M I guess I'll need to permanently close the window that is closest to the motorcourt!

[quote author="ck"]
[/quote]

That's like a $20k premium... my neighbors thank me daily on how I've raised the values of their homes.[/quote]

laughingdog.gif

[quote author="ck"]
[/quote]

General Larry called. He disagrees.

Back